Specialist, External CommunicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 881242BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Nov. 24, 2021
- Execute external communications strategies, campaigns, processes and vehicles that support the business objectives of Shanghai Disney Resort;
- Develop and maintain relations with Chinese media;
- Develop and communicate key messages and information related to the development and operations of the resort;
- Pitch and handle media interviews;
- Organize media roundtables, and special event logistics;
- Monitor public opinion which affects Shanghai Disney Resort’s reputation and business, and implement timely actions which assist in managing such issues;
- Meet budgets for all events, media and collateral work;
- Accomplish all assignments effectively, accurately and within established timeframe;
- Ensure that guidelines for the proper use of nomenclature, grammar, graphics and the product/name are met in every communication piece.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Public Affairs, Journalism, Communications or other relevant areas;
- Minimum of 3 years of media relations experience in Mainland China with multinational corporations or agencies;
- Ability to identify and deliver key messages to general and target audiences;
- Problem solving and conflict management skills;
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills, in both English and Mandarin Chinese;
- Proven understanding of Chinese media, including print, TV, online and social media;
- Ability to work in crisis situations.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.