Specialist, Operations TrainingApply NowApply Later Job ID 827831BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
- Primary point of contact for Operations Line of Business onboarding/ongoing training courses;
- Analysis & strategic planning of Operations Line of Business training needs;
- Coordination of Training implementation & delivery;
- Partner with Workforce Management for training schedules of the Operations Cast;
- Oversee the tracking/reporting of training completion;
- Partner with the Disney University on a seamless delivery (content & logistics) for all on-boarding classes;
- Manage the development and schedules for all operations training facilitator, supporting onboarding and ongoing training courses;
- Coordination with Documentation team to strategize documentation/delivery approach & guidelines;
- Partnering with the Workforce management team to provide parameters for the scheduling & tracking of onboarding and ongoing training including classroom training, mobile learning, on-the-job training, update training and refresh training, for all operations cast;
- Management of On-the-job Training trainers;
- Partner with LOB Leaders to schedule and manage LOB Leader learning plans.
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience;
- Minimum 3 years of training experience (Technical Training and/or Learning & Development fields);
- Demonstrated strong verbal & written communication skills;
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills;
- Demonstrated relationship building skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams;
- Proven self –starter requiring minimal direction, follow up and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment;
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels;
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with the delivery and communication of training;
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a team-based environment;
- Demonstrated ability to function in operations training environment to achieve results through cross-functional, integrated and well-coordinated team efforts;
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the principles of Adult Learning and other learning performance models;
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and holidays;
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in clear, concise and compelling oral and written communication (grammar, editing and punctuation);
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English - reading, writing, and verbal;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Operations knowledge preferred;
- Disney D Learn and Learning Content Repository knowledge preferred;
- Working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft office, Visio, and not limited to LOB systems;
- Knowledge of the Instructional Design Process;
- Strong facilitation skills.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.