Already applied?View Dashboard
Specialist, University RelationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 614140BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Dec. 19, 2018
- Shanghai Disney Resort is seeking a University Relations Specialist to work with team to implement and oversee the campus relations program. This specialist will manage the campus recruitment efforts for internships and full-time recruiting targeting college and undergraduate level candidates under the supervision of University Relations Manager.
- This role will be responsible to maintain favorable relationships with key administrators, faculty and academic advisors at universities across China with a goal of driving and implementing innovative campus strategies that align with the vision of the Shanghai Disney Resort. This specialist will implement collaboration with potential colleges / universities in order to advance students skills and experiences while advancing company’s desire for qualified and talented Cast.
- Execute strategic plans for campus activities including recruitment events, engagements, and other activities
- Manage sustainable relationships with targeted universities, colleges and vocational schools; ensure excellent communication both within Shanghai Disney Resort and campus leaders
- Help to create employment brand awareness and advance our reputation at targeted campuses through value added work; utilize recruitment tools for technology optimization, process efficiencies, and applicant pool management
- Develop a deep understanding of perceptions and needs of students, faculty, and administrators to seek opportunities to advance students skills and experiences while advancing the company’s desire for qualified talented Cast.
- Stay current on college trends, new technology and tools that impact campus recruiting and implement as appropriate
- Having insight on how to improve Disney’s competitiveness, national visibility, and stature within the academic/ education community.
- Bachelor degree or above is required;
- 3 years working experience with the preferred period of working in university recruiting program, or university-corporate cooperation etc.
- Proven networking capabilities within higher education including professional organizations, business groups, alumni associations, etc.; and strong ability to maintain favorable relationships with them.
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented people who excels in entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and results-oriented environments;
- Strong project management skills, and ability to work under multi-tasks and cross-cultural environment; frequent travel will be needed
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, communication and presentation abilities, and exceptional attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) are required
- Language Fluency in Mandarin and English required
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.