Sr. Manager, Business PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 764596BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Disney Licensing Date posted Aug. 14, 2020
- Support the long term strategic planning process with market insights to help facilitate the generation and prioritization of the business’ long term priorities
- Lead certain cross functional projects and initiatives and provide as needed support for ad hoc request from other lines of business and regional teams
- Help provide learning and development opportunities to licensing team – deal analysis, sales planning, workshops, case studies, etc.
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior level executives
- Help identify and analyze new business opportunities and growth initiatives – new products, channel expansion, consumer segmentation, strategic partnerships
- Provide leadership and support for licensing teams to optimize deal renewals, assess prospective licensees and their business plans, evaluate marketing investments
- Drive improvements to the sales planning process – deal analysis, sales planning, prospecting and pitching, and deal negotiation
- Help improve licensing team efficiency and effectiveness – implement best practices, develop deal analysis frameworks, improve sales planning tools
- Collaborate with sales/marketing/creative teams to identify market trends and insights (consumers, products, and channels) and help formulate positioning and expansion strategies
- Coordinate internal stakeholders to review, evaluate and approve new business/partnership opportunities
- All CPC Licensing team members
- Key stakeholders in Corporate Strategy, Finance, Creative, Marketing, etc.
- Professional service personnel (e.g. Marketing Research Agency)
- Potential and Existing business partners
- Industry experts and Licensees
- Graduate of a top Chinese or overseas university, preferably with a major in Business, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in management consulting, corporate development or private equity
- Minimum 8 years of experience at multinational corporations, with exposure to business development and product development in China
- Consumer Industry background preferred
- Strong experience with modeling and analysis
- Project management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast paced environment
- Strong strategic thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to influence, persuade and engage in communication at all levels of the organization
- Phenomenal communication skills and articulation ability
- Excellent teamwork capabilities
- Creative and resourceful
- Ability to think pragmatically and ability to drive executions
- Superior verbal and written communications skills (both English and Mandarin Chinese), particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including senior executives
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing business needs and priorities
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.