Sr Specialist, Oganization Development & Talent SolutionsApply NowApply Later Job ID 765222BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 24, 2020
The Operations Senior Specialist for Organizational Development & Talent Solutions (OTS) works in close collaboration with the Director of OTS in designing and executing a suitable infrastructure across the North Asia region that enables regional alignment, process standardizations, improved efficiencies and economies of scale in delivery and resourcing. The role requires active ownership, accountability and analytical thinking as applied to operations, and effective partnering and engagement with OTS staff designing and deploying OTS solutions and services across Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Korea. The successful candidate must be experienced in operations system processes and innovation, business process alignment, quality measurements, controls and compliance. Knowledge of best practices and trends in operations management, and the ability to network and leverage from across the region are necessary skills. Knowledge of basic HR, Finance, Purchasing and other related systems and processes to implement an operations strategy for the function is an advantage. As the scope may include Marketing and Communications, working knowledge or experience in marketing channels, branding and communications may be required. Ultimately, the mission of the OTS Operations Senior Specialist is to ensure high impact, timely and cost effective delivery of global and regional OTS solutions and services through strong project management, process governance and partnering skills.
1. Strategic operations
- Design with the Director of OTS the overall operations processes and systems for supporting and sustaining deployment of programs and services across North Asia
- Monitor OTS annual plans and manage year-round calendar of programs and activities
- Manage and optimize OTS functional operations and budgets as results of operations re-engineering, process standardization, and new operational strategies
- Help manage OTS product and service brands and effective, efficient communication channels to stakeholders and end-users
- Problem solve regular, daily operational issues by mapping short and long term solutions as well as continuous improvement process
- Be able to partner with other OTS staff what they need to own and/or drive with the business/HR in resolving operational issues surfaced or raised
- Define needed policies, standard procedures and governance infrastructure to keep HR/OTS legal and compliant to avoid people issues and audit findings.
- Manage extended staff of interns and contractors (if applicable) to support general operational tasks and logistical details of OTS programs and projects across North Asia or specific countries/markets
- Partner with the Director of OTS to align standard session deployment processes, resourcing and service level agreements for different global and regional program offerings
- Partner with OTS Program/Practice Leads in supporting pilots of global and regional programs and the transition of processes and ownership for sustaining post pilot stages
- Assess existing support and resources while implementing standard operational processes to fill in gaps and provide alternative solutions or arrangements where needed
- Design a general vendor management process to baseline minimum quality standards when engaging and receiving services from vendors; periodically review overall vendor relations as relevant to general operations, optimization and cost efficiencies
- Have a general process for internal instructor capacity building and management for OTS programs and sessions; develop a strategy that are optimal and cost effective while considering internal instructor availability
- Explore new online/virtual tools, teleconferencing platforms, softwares and apps for session deployments, online facilitations and virtual collaboration solutions
- Use smart data analytics and metrics in monitoring overall OTS operations health, capacity and capabilities, i.e., session volumes, attendance and cancellation rates, vendors, instructors, process turnaround-times, etc.
- Partner with OTS staff in collecting session evaluations and feedback, analyze trends and issues over time, and help identify systemic root causes for resolution
- Periodically review overall OTS investments and cost efficiencies
Basic Qualifications:Job Qualifications
- Experience and knowledge in operations, quality systems, and continuous improvement
- Knowledge in quality management & methodologies
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Results and detail orientation via proven project management and execution
- Effective stakeholder management and interpersonal communications
- A good balance between strategic thinking and attention to details.
- Genuine interest in operations and quality improvement
- Mature and possess a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proactive and collaborative team player.
- Some experience in managing junior staff a plus
- Effective written and verbal English and Mandarin
Core Competencies for the role:
- Holistic, systems thinking
- Communicates and builds relationships
- Change agility and personal transition
- Project Management
- Problem solving and decision making
- Creativity and out of box thinking
- Respect and Inclusion
- Personal drive and initiative
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.