Stage Manager, EntertainmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 762891BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 02, 2020
- Responsible for coordination, integration and supervision of all show elements including performers, technicians, costuming cosmetology, maintenance and Park Operations
- Partner closely with Park Operations, Entertainment Production, Costuming, and Technical Services on operational matters to ensure smooth operation/delivery of daily shows.
- Coordinates show maintenance activities such as brush-ups rehearsals, lighting and audio calls, and scenic touch-up. Elaboration and maintenance of any revised cue sheets and contingencies.
- Responsible for show operation decisions regarding weather, technical break-downs, performer injuries, costuming problems, and show maintenance. Apply emergency measures on-stage and backstage during performances.
- Ensure a safe environment for guests and cast and maintain adherence to Character Operating and Safety Guidelines.
- Initiate work orders and requisitions and oversees day-to-day schedules and time sheets.
- Accountable for creating a show cue script and “calling” show cues.
- Work in collaboration with other teams on running shows and cues calling independently.
- Maintain the vision of the creative team to ensure the continuity and quality of the performance.
- Provides performance coaching and feedback to front line cast members. Mentor and develop cast and crew (including Leads, Performers, Technicians, etc.). Supervise Cast Members and Manage related issue follow Company Policy.
- Monitor daily man-power and scheduling for assigned show and implement adjustment accordingly.
- Participate in Seasonal Event’s show mounting and running.
- Other projects as required.
- Strong Leadership and communication skills; ability to interact effectively with creative and production teams, other line of businesses, and all levels of management and staff
- 3+ years of experience in entertainment management or event management; theme park entertainment experience and/or Disney experience a plus
- Strong knowledge and understanding of live performance including theatre production and events
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment
- Demonstrate ability to build, manage, and mentor large teams
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to adapt flexible working hour, vigorous body condition to work in outdoor during extreme weather condition
- Proven ability to problem-solve and optimize operating procedures
- Quick and precise decision making on spot during any emergency and/or any situations during show.
- Ability to give effective feedback and share creative and new ideas. Maintains and administers policies and procedures
- Excellent organizational, partnering and leadership skills
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Experience in show calling with complicated cues
- Experience within a large-scale production in a multicultural environment preferred
- Bachelor degree in performing arts, theater or related discipline preferred
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.