Already applied?View Dashboard
Stage Manager, Nighttime SpectacularApply Now Apply Later Job ID 603120BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Nov. 01, 2018
Job Summary:Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, two themed hotels - Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to develop this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
- Responsible for running nightly Nighttime Spectacular show including safe and accurate “calling” of show cues
- Responsible for show operation decisions regarding weather, technical break-downs, cast and crew injuries, operational impacts and show maintenance
- Ensure a safe environment for guests and cast and maintain adherence to Operating and Safety Guidelines
- Partner closely with Park Operations, Security, Maintenance, Entertainment Production, and Technical Services on operational matters to ensure smooth and safe operation/delivery of nightly shows.
- Manage, mentor and develop cast and crew (including Leads, Performers, Technicians, etc.).
- Monitor daily man-power, scheduling and training for Nighttime Spectacular to implement any necessary adjustments.
- Maintain show quality and company standards; observe all technical aspects and performance of cast and crew and provide performance coaching and feedback.
- Other projects as required
- Partner with Fireworks Manager to maintain crew credentials
- Strong leadership and communication skills; ability to interact effectively with creative and production teams, other lines of business, and all levels of management and staff
- 3+ years of experience in stage management or event management; theme park entertainment experience and / or Disney experience a plus.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and optimize operating procedures.
- Excellent organizational, partnering and leadership skills
- Fluent in Mandarin, competent in spoken and written English
- Fireworks and effects experience preferred
- Experience in technical stage management (fireworks, effects, lighting, projection, show control)
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.