Already applied?View Dashboard
Stage ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 522134BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jan. 29, 2018
Job Summary:Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, will be a place where friends and family can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort will include a park designed in the rich tradition of Disneyland theme parks around the world with the uniqueness and beauty of China, two themed hotels, a large retail, dining and entertainment venue and an array of recreation facilities.
As we create this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
- Responsible for coordination, integration and supervision of all show elements including performers, technicians, costuming, cosmetology, maintenance, and Park Operations.
- Coordinates show maintenance activities such as brush-up rehearsals, lighting and audio calls, and scenic touch-up.
- Responsible for show operation decisions regarding weather, technical break-downs, performer injuries, costuming problems and show maintenance.
- Ensure a safe environment for guests and cast and maintain adherence to Operating and Safety Guidelines.
- Initiate work orders and requisitions and oversees day-to-day schedules and time sheets.
- Accountable for creating a show cue script and "calling" show cues.
- Provides performance coaching and feedback to front line cast members. Mentor and develop cast and crew (including Leads, Performers, Technicians, etc).
- Monitor daily man-power and scheduling for assigned show and implement adjustments accordingly.
- Other projects as required.
- Strong leadership and communication skills; ability to interact effectively with creative and production teams, other lines of business, and all levels of management and staff.
- 3+ years of experience in stage management or event management; theme park entertainment experience and / or Disney experience a plus.
- Bachelor degree in performing arts, theater or related discipline preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, and mentor large teams.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent organizational, partnering and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to problem-solving and optimize operating procedures.
- Ability to give effective feedback and share creative and new ideas. Maintains and administers policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of show production.
- Fluent in Mandarin, competent in spoken and written English.
Additional Information:Keyword: shdrprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.