Stage MgrApply NowApply Later Job ID 828273BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 16, 2021
- You will responsible for coordination, integration and supervision of all show elements for assigned show unit, including performers, technicians, costuming, cosmetology, maintenance, and Park Operations;
- You will coordinates show maintenance activities such as brush-up rehearsals, lighting and audio calls, and scenic touch-up. Coordinates technical load-ins at stage;
- You will responsible for the maintenance and financial operation of assigned show unit;
- You will responsible for show operation decisions regarding weather, technical break-downs, performer injuries, costuming problems and show maintenance;
- You will initiate work orders and requisitions and oversees day-to-day schedules and time sheets;
- You will responsible for interfacing with production teams and creating a production book; which is a detailed, concise plan and record of all production components;
- You will accountable for creating a show cue script and "calling" show cues;
- You will responsible conduct all rehearsals at off-stage and on-stage locations, and support the Director in implementing show vision;
- You need to ensure a safe environment for guests and cast and maintain adherence to Show? Operating and Safety Guidelines;
- You need to recognize and maintains artistic integrity of the show, including observation of performances and giving appropriate show notes;
- You will provides performance coaching and feedback to direct report managers and front line cast members. Mentor and develop stage management cast, including development in Stage Management skills, leadership, and show quality and performance feedback;
- You will responsible for other projects as required.
- Very strong leadership and communication skills; ability to interact effectively with creative and production teams, other lines of business, all levels of management and staff, and segment partners.
- 3+ years of experience in stage management; Disney experience is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in performing arts, theater or related discipline preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, and mentor large teams.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent organizational, partnering and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and optimize operating procedures.
- Ability to give effective feedback and share creative and new ideas. Maintains and administers policies and procedures.
- Works independently, but must recognize when to involve appropriate management in decision making process.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.