Stage Technician (Audio/Video/Lighting/Rigging)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 739082BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Aug. 05, 2020
- Safe performance of live stage shows, including indoor, outdoor and special events
- Detailed operation of audio/video/lighting equipment adhering to stage manager cues, timecode and/or self-cued events
- Pre and post-show checklists
- On Stage roles may be required to wear character costumes or a costume, wig, and/or make-up if visible to Guests
- Operate designated stage and other live performances within the defined creative parameters
- Hands-on operation and programming of entertainment audio/video/lighting equipment
- Proper pre and post-show checks to ensure correct and smooth running of the events
- Operate all required safety checks before, during and after performances
- Report and assist with maintenance of equipment
- Equipment installation
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Equipment staging
- Loading/unloading of stage equipment
- Manage show reporting and tracking through the “Esqwire” software application
- Other work assigned by managers
Basic Qualifications:Working experience of below one or more entertainment equipment, including audio, visual and lighting equipment:
- Audio – 32-channel+ audio consoles, passive and active speaker systems, crossovers, EQ’s, wired and wireless microphone systems
- Lighting – 2 DMX Universe+ lighting control consoles, automated lighting fixtures, conventional lighting fixtures, dimmer systems, DMX distribution systems, LED, gel, focusing
- Video – 1080p video projectors, 15,000 lumen+ projectors, video playback servers, video editings
- Controls – MIDI, DMX, TCP/IP, RS422, RS482, RS232 protocols, ability to define and program control sets for entertainment equipment
- Stage Machinery – winches, performer flying, hydraulics, ProfiNET, automation console operation and programming
- Experience with SMPTE timecode preferred
- More than 3 years stage equipment management experiences
- Working at Heights for some certain roles
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Conversational English
- Must provide full availability for ongoing training throughout a two month period.
- Must be available to work all peak seasons, and holidays
- Available to work nights and flexible shift times
Additional Information:Please note:
Shanghai Disney Resort will not authorize anyone or any third party to charge candidate. Please always reach to our official channels or platforms for recruitment relevant information.
- Your work location is Shanghai Disney Resort in Chuan Sha, Pudong New Area, Shanghai.
- You could take metro Line 11 to Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Salary: your salary consists of a base salary + service bonus + floating year-end bonus
- Social Insurance: You are entitled to five social insurances and one housing fund
- Overtime and allowances: In addition to statutory overtime (depending on your position) you may be entitled to a high temperature allowance and a night shift subsidy
- Catering subsidy: You are entitled to one free meal per day on days that you are working
- Accommodation: You have the opportunity to live in a dorm with Wi-Fi and air conditioning or to receive a living allowance
- Vacation: You are entitled to paid annual leave and paid sick leave
- Insurance: We buy supplementary medical insurance for you and your children. You can also enjoy group life insurance
- Free Park Entry: While you work for Shanghai Disney Resort you will have the opportunity to enter the park with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Health checkup: You are entitled to a free health checkup once a year
- Learning: you will be taught a range of international professional skills, including corporate culture, service skills, and more.
- Career Development: Promotion opportunities are transparent and are dependent on your own efforts. You can also apply for internal transfers should you wish to develop yourself in another part of the company. With Hotel, Food and Beverage, Fire Safety, Security, Merchandise, Park Operations, Disney University and Operations training opportunities across multiple industries, there will always be development opportunities for those who want them at Disney.
- Activities: Disney provides Cast Member with a range of volunteering opportunities as well as fun clubs for basketball, tennis, yoga, Disney Run, Music, Drama, DIY and more as a way to help you connect with your colleagues and network in a fun environment.
Apply online -> Interview over email -> Accept Employment -> Onboard
Please note: You may only apply for this position once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
You will be working at Shanghai Disney Resort in Pudong, Shanghai. You can take metro Line 11 to Shanghai Disney Resort station or take one of our many shuttle buses. The shuttle buses can be taken from one of several central areas across the city every day. You can find out more information during your onboarding process.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
As one of the worldwide leaders in family entertainment, Shanghai Disney Resort delivers legendary service and a lifetime of memories for our guests. Joining us in a new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure involves creating happiness for the millions of guests who visit our Resort each year. Whether your career journey here is onstage or backstage, there are almost unlimited opportunities for growth and personal development at Shanghai Disney.
* We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities.
* Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy.
* Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.