System Engineering Manager
Shanghai, 020 - CNApply NowApply Later
Job ID 767154BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 09, 2020
Job Summary:The Manager of System Engineering will be responsible to build and manage a team of high performing systems engineers, supporting a variety of complex systems, infrastructure, and applications for Shanghai Disney Resort. You are responsible for clearly communicating a vision to the team that defines the team’s purpose, ownership, contribution, and commitment to Disney excellence and business enabling DevOps culture. You will directly oversee, mentor, and develops systems engineers on technical leadership, agile project management, design engineering, architecture, problem analysis, customer service, optimization, and collaboration.
Besides, you will be responsible for technical analysis, cost and effort estimation, production environment platform/system design, architectural fit and compliance, resource schedules, delivery milestones, collaboration with other SE managers, and overall production environment quality. You will lead a team of engineers in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You will report to Senior Manager or Director of System Engineering with responsibilities including career management and setting the operational direction for areas of ownership.
The ideal candidate will be a “hands-on” top-level systems engineer who will provide senior-level technical direction on enterprise-level projects. Exemplary leadership and communication abilities (both verbal and written) are a must; you will partner closely with business and technology leadership in delivering systems that meet and exceed business objectives. The ability to jump in and help with hands-on systems administration, as needed, is a must. The split between hands-on work and management will likely be 50% respectively.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both Chinese and English) are an absolute must with a demonstrated ability to work well with both engineering and marketing colleagues/execs; including the ability to thoughtfully present to senior executives. Required: Experience owning and resolving issues that impact design, product success, or address future concepts, products, or technologies; Disciplined approach to maintaining and enforcing engineering best practices; Ability to synthesize robust and cost-effective technical solutions against customer requirements providing buy versus build decision making; Consistent, compassionate and inspiring manager to the team; Positive can-do partnership attitude while working with teams, cross-functional teams and cross-functional business units; Must be detail orientated, self-organized, and capable of simultaneously tracking multiple issues of varying complexity.
- Ensure ongoing projects and team objectives are resourced effectively to accomplish goals; manage daily, weekly, and monthly cross-project prioritization and execution; assist the executive team in determining proper staffing levels for the team(s) and work closely with internal recruiting and agencies as appropriate to meet those goals; onboard new technical staff ensuring proper process and technical onboarding occurs
- Working closely with System Engineering team and other teams identify and resolve the platform wised technology gaps. Managing the entire project lifecycle, including project delivery, update, incident management, budget management and etc.
- Meet with stakeholders, partners, and clients on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis to review team priorities and execution, infrastructure and application performance trends, major incidents and problems, and pertinent business and product updates
- Lead the team in ensuring proactive scheduled review of the site, application, and system infrastructure performance, Identify the key problems, adjust and improve the system, architecture and process.
- Lead the migration of data center to Cloud hosting
- 8 years or plus working experience with development or supporting enterprise online product
- 5 years or plus leading an engineering team
- Rich experience in design, development, and deployment in Cloud (AliCloud or AWS), including migration solutions, strategy, and architecture design from on-premise datacenter to cloud.
- Advanced knowledge of core internet protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP
- Advanced knowledge in scripting or programming languages, eg python, ruby, java
- Knowledge of automation tools & platform such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Knowledge of container-related solutions
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and consilidate feedback in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills across teams, Proven team management experience, Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English, capable deliver presentations to Senior and Executive Management
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.