Already applied?View Dashboard
Talent Casting SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 531093BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 06, 2018
Job Summary:Assist in recruiting, and booking the professional talent for the Resort.
Partner with operational and creative teams to identify the appropriate level of talent required. Plan and manage auditions.
Develop and implement proactive audition promotions.
Hold financial accountability for the auditions budget.
Assures the appropriate communication of talent issues between business units, and is a member of the Global Casting Center.
Assists with the job offer and hiring process.
Maintains a current knowledge of industry standards.
Assist the Casting Director in assessing ongoing show talent quality.
- Coordinate auditions for cast selection, including booking the venue and arrange for consultants to assist in producing auditions
- Maintain internal and global databases containing audition records, audition videos, and audition reports
- Strong relationships with schools, and performer associations
- Plan strong promotional campaigns, and assess best means of reaching our potential auditionees Provide administrative support to the casting director; including support in liaising with performers
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Maintain and file correspondence and documents
- Assist in team administration, and the training of new team members
- Answer telephone calls and handle enquiries professionally
- Handle expense reports
- Prepare proposals & contracts
- Perform other tasks, projects and assignments as designated by Casting Director
- To work with members of the Talent Casting team and other SHDR teams to align with the overall business goals with proven efficiency and productivity
- Maintain current knowledge of human resource and legal policy involving performer employment
- Maintain current knowledge of government policies and requirements involving public performance and performer permitting
- Based on Casting Director’s choices, makes initial employment offers to performers
- Provide administrative support to the Casting Director
- At least two years working experience
- Bachelar's degree in relevant industry is preferred
- Outstanding computer skills, Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Outstanding organizational skills, to work independently and take initiative
- Fluent in English and Chinese (oral and written)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Carefully and properly take the initiative to determine the handling of personal information
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, or other related software preferable)
- Experience with working in and across teams
- Proven ability to translate strategies to action in a tight time
- Self-motivated to complete assignments
- Culturally sensitive
- Detailed oriented
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai Theme Park Co., which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.