Already applied?View Dashboard
Technical DirectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 623497BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Apr. 12, 2019
Job Summary:Assists Entertainment Division departments with:
- Backstage technical support of special events and shows.
- Technical design, operation and management for special events and shows.
- Leads technical design and management of all locally-produced shows, special events and seasonal events for SHDR
- Develops appropriate design and specifications of equipment to support artistic vision demonstrating fluency in audio, lighting and video
- Leads in-house and contracted technical event teams
- Develops schedules for event technical staff and production elements
- Creates technical event budgets and documentation
- Oversees and ensures full onsite safety compliance
- Creates technical sections of operating guidelines and safety checklists as required
- Creates equipment manuals as required
- Develops and maintains relationships with local equipment suppliers
- Partners with other lines of business, vendors, contractors, and relevant regulatory agencies
- Ability to self-manage schedule and production timelines, work alone and lead teams.
- Other work assigned by managers
Basic Qualifications:Disney Behaviors
- Enthusiastic about interacting and helping Cast Members and clients
- Receptive to special requests
- Works with many different clients
- Willing to assist others with difficult tasks
- Able to complete daily task list and stay on schedule
- Minimum of 10 years entertainment technical experience
- Post-secondary degree in technical theater or equivalent preferred
- Strong technical skills at least three areas including: audio, electrical, lighting, rigging, scenic construction, special effects, show control, and video
- Ability to handle multiple high-pressure projects in fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Microsoft Project, Sketch-Up and AutoCAD
- Experience with Entertainment systems on a corporate network including but not limited to, Audio DSP design and programming (QSys), Video servers (Hippo, d3, Watchout), projectors & displays, Lighting control and system design (GrandMA, ETC Paradigm), and show control systems (TAIT Navigator).
- Ability to partner with other lines of business, vendors, creative and production staff, and crew members
- Working at Heights
- Semi-fluent in Mandarin preferred
- Fluent in English required
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.