Technical DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 788104BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted May 17, 2021
- You need to develop appropriate design and specifications of the equipment to support artistic vision demonstrating fluency in audio, lighting, and video;
- You need to leads in-house and contracted technical event teams;
- You need to develop schedules for event technical staff and production elements;
- You need to creates technical event budgets and documentation;
- You need to oversees and ensures full onsite safety compliance;
- You need to creates technical sections of operating guidelines and safety checklists as required;
- You need to creates equipment manuals as required;
- You need to develop and maintain relationships with local equipment suppliers;
- You need to partners with other lines of business, vendors, contractors, and relevant regulatory agencies;
- You will ability to self-manage schedule and production timelines, work alone, and lead teams;
- You will take other work assigned by managers.
- Minimum of 10 years of entertainment technical experience;
- Post-secondary degree in technical theater or equivalent preferred;
- Strong technical skills in at least three areas including audio, electrical, lighting, rigging, scenic construction, special effects, show control, and video;
- Ability to handle multiple high-pressure projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Microsoft Project, Sketch-Up, and AutoCAD ;
- Experience with Entertainment systems on a corporate network including but not limited to, Audio DSP design and programming (QSys), Video servers (Hippo, d3, Watchout), projectors & displays, Lighting control and system design (GrandMA, ETC Paradigm), and show control systems (TAIT Navigator);
- Ability to partner with other lines of business, vendors, creative and production staff, and crew members.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.