Technical MerchandiserApply Now Apply Later Job ID 739084BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 16, 2020
- Interfaces with merchandiser to ensure artistic integrity, functionality, and safety aspects of soft line development
- Measures all Size Set samples and controls conformity in term of measurements, according to size spec within requested time-frame
- Checks basic pattern use, give professional size advice
- Do grading for each new silhouette and create tech pack accordingly
- Works with merchandiser to select fabrics, trims, components and accessories
- Gives approval for fitting samples
- Can attend Meeting to secure measurements and fitting conformity, by checking PPS set and pattern before bulk production
- Trains new vendors on pattern requirements & process, to facilitate and improve approval process lead-time of products’ measurements
- Develops and maintains silhouette documentation
- Consolidate labeling and packaging
- Minimum five to seven years’ experience in a technician position or equivalent
- Post-secondary degree in Costume Design, Textiles, Fashion Design, or Fine Arts preferred
- Strong understanding of fit, pattern making, Grading & apparel garments’ specificities during production process
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of costume design, fabrics, and garment production process
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong partnering and communications skills
- Fluent in Mandarin, competent in writing and speaking English
- Cross cultural communication skills
- Good IT knowledge, including Photoshop, Illustrator and C-Design software.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.