Technical Production ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 788108BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted May 30, 2021
- You will manage all logistical, financial and scheduling aspects of the Entertainment Technical Department;
- You will develop and track related budgets and schedules;
- You will coordinate all project materials, documentation, and communications;
- You will serve as the liaison to the Finance team on technical budgets, tracking, and close out;
- Responsible for on-time and on-budget project delivery;
- You will work closely with creative, technical, and show operating teams to ensure smooth production process;
- You will coordinate and communicate with other Lines of Business at Shanghai Disney Resort to ensure seamless integration of special events, new offerings or initiatives and ongoing operations;
- You will manage the Technical planning and procurement team.
- Minimum five years of experience in Event Management or Production Management;
- Post-secondary degree in Event Management, Production Management, Stage Management preferred;
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of show development and production;
- Knowledge of lighting, audio, special effects, scenic and stage set-up systems;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and track production budgets and schedules;
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Microsoft Project, AutoCAD is preferred;
- Strong partnering and communications skills;
- Strong leadership and communication skills, requiring the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with creative and production teams, other business units, all levels of management and staff;
- Comfortable working in a multi-tasking, fast-paced and multi-variable environment;
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills;
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize operational processes;
- Ability to give effective feedback and share creative new ideas;
- Fluency in Mandarin and good command of spoken and written English;
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.