Already applied?View Dashboard
Vice President, MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 645820BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 12, 2019
Job Summary:Lead the brand building and demand generation agenda for both near term and long term including the development of brand building, product and event strategies and the execution of all consumer engagement campaigns, the objective is to deliver the operating income targets through revenue generation, brand tracker metrics and Guest Satisfaction Measurement metrics.
The ultimate mission of this role is to build Shanghai Disney Resort a preferred travel destination targeting the Chinese market.
- Accountable for developing and executing the brand building strategies to improve and strengthen brand affinity;
- Develop multi-year product and event strategies by partnering with Entertainment and WDI ensuring product relevance to deliver attendance, revenue and OI growth;
- Develop multi-year market and segment prioritization to optimize overall growth opportunity;
- Develop and execute marketing and consumer engagement strategies to stimulate and create demand. Lead the communications agenda and partner with Public Affairs and Sales to ensure consistency in messaging via all channels;
- Develop and implement a growth strategy for Disneytown by building and strengthening the position of Disneytown in the local Shanghai market and to drive short term and long term revenue growth opportunity for Disney and all operating participants;
- Plan and execute seasonal events and promotions to create urgency to visit;
- Evolve and refine go-to-market approach based on business insights, consumer insights and the market dynamics to drive continuous enhancement in marketing effectiveness and efficiency;
- Partner with Corporate Alliance to ensure full integration between partner’s co-brand marketing activation with Shanghai Disney Resort’s key business priorities;
- Partner across The Walt Disney Company various business units and segments to identify and leverage appropriate marketing synergy opportunities;
- Act as a visionary leader with a strong capability to build a high performance marketing organization, with clear strategic priorities and oversight on the day to day marketing operation.
- University degree, MBA degree preferred;
- 15+ years of experience in brand management and consumer marketing, communications strategy, with a minimum of 5 years at the executive level;
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong leadership and teamwork skills with proven experience leading creative teams and content;
- Demonstrated success as a team leader, motivator and mentor;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate all aspects of consumer oriented marketing and solid fundamental knowledge of applicable marketing disciplines;
- Proven experience with development and implementation of business and marketing application;
- Demonstrated management skills including strong financial acumen, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, time management, setting and meeting organizational goals, and decision making;
- Demonstrated analytical skills in product development, marketing and communications;
- Proven ability to influence, partner and collaborate with individuals at all levels;
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to navigate in an environment of constant change;
- Demonstrated strong positive partnering skills with ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative matrix organization;
- Willingness to take risks and manage them intelligently, while working with a high level of integrity;
- Proven Chinese and English language proficiency, both written and oral.
- MBA degree;
- 5+ years of experience at the Vice President level;
- Experience with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and/or The Walt Disney Company;
- Experience in marketing a travel/leisure property in China.
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park and Resort Management Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.