VP, Creative, APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 785965BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Disney Licensing Date posted Apr. 27, 2021
that brings stories to life through global product assortments and services featuring characters from
Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Media Networks, and Interactive Media. This includes a
broad assortment of merchandise ranging from toys, apparel, electronics and books to movies, music,
interactive games, food, home décor and fine art.
successful candidate will have a proven track record bringing forth world-class vision and creative
development of Marvel and 20th Century Fox properties.
• Inspire, mentor and grow the Creative organization across the region, recruiting and training
world class talent.
• Tasked with the creation of high-quality story-driven graphic assets leveraged in Licensing and
Owned and Operated businesses.
• Lead the global development of creative style guides for Marvel and 20th Century Fox.
• Design and implement regional APAC initiatives ensuring alignment with global teams.
• Evaluate, challenge and coach all aspects of the Creative team’s professional development
creating succession planning and career paths for each individual.
• Ensure organization is operating efficiently including optimal tools, resources, and processes
that enable team members to deliver their objectives as effectively as possible.
• Champion training and development of regional team members with a lens towards emerging
• Establish best practice internal processes.
• Work hand-in-hand with Brand Strategy and Product Design executives.
• Interface with creative executives from content studios.
• Primary interface with creative executives from Yellow Shoes, Marketing, Enterprise franchise
management and corporate communications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 15+ year’s industry experience with at least 10 at executive leadership level.
• Proven success managing a large team of direct reports.
• Exceptional eye for detail, sensitivity to the guest experience and passion for the portfolios of
• Equipped with strong project management, operational and analytic skills.
• Must possess high level of enthusiasm and be an inspirational advocate for creative excellence.
• Must possess effective written and oral communication skills.
• Easily builds relationships with cross functional partners.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.