Design Manager, FBM Die Cast
Shenzhen, Mainland China
As a Manager, Design, you will be responsible for the design of licensed publishing and design process from artwork creative to finished product with focus on assigned categories.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at The Walt Disney Company?
- Technologically savvy
- Skilled presenter
- Visual thinker
Job Summary:Disney Greater China & Korea Product Development team is seeking a passionate, experienced and bold design manager with great ideas, an active hands-on approach to design and hungry to innovate in the product development. Grab this unique opportunity to work with the worlds best stories, most loved characters and leading entertainment brands…
Responsibilities:• Lead die cast vehicle toy development across all Disney brands such as Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20th Century & Nat Geo for APAC by managing die cast product development team and OEM manufacturing partner.
• Lead APAC FBM die cast design team and be a leader, coach & mentor for a junior designer.
• Actively drive all aspects of die cast vehicle toy development process – from market research, design strategy, sketch, design concept development, control drawing, 3D modeling, PP sample review & product quality management, FOB Cost, brand assurance to final product.
• Work closely with commercial team, marketing team and product development director in product strategy, product planning & SKU plan • Work closely with a sourcing team for FOB cost management.
•Develop creative presentation deck for global & local communication and business pitch •Recruit and train freelance character artists, designers Disney standards for special projects
Basic Qualifications:• In depth understanding / experience of Die cast product
• Creative, out-of-the-box visionary capable of bringing forth innovative ideas and concepts that deliver strong results. • Exceptional eye for detail, sensitivity to the consumer experience and passion for the Disney brand.
• Equipped with strong project management, analytic skills and proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Must possess high level of enthusiasm and be a strong team player
• Strong leadership is really necessary and experience as a team leader is plus
• Business integrity + professional attitude
• Demonstrate ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the audience.
• International experience is plus and ability to adapt to different cultures with open mind is required
• Willing to travel, locations include head office in Shanghai
Preferred Qualifications:• 10+ years working experience with relevant design area or relevant industry as a product designer; preferably with international company or international design agency
• Bi-lingual: fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin
• Graduate degree in Product design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or a Related Field.
• A portfolio showcasing ability in product and graphic design skills
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.
Medical and Health and Wellness Programs provided.
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Holidays and Sick Time off provided
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best- entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired employees.
Learn more here.