Already applied??View Dashboard
Shenzhen, China (Mainland)
As a Manager, Design, you will be responsible for the design of licensed publishing and design process from artwork creative to finished product with focus on assigned categories.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at The Walt Disney Company?
- Technologically savvy
- Skilled presenter
- Visual thinker
Job Summary:Job Description
- Understand the hardline market and assist in the home industry
- Team up with the global creative team to inspire outward thinking
- Work closely with licensees, category managers and directors in developing new product lines
- liaise within Disney to make products a reality
- Propose product line improvements to licensees
- Supervise Disney characters and design usage in hardline products, home products and appliances
- Approve licensees so as to ensure Disney’s standards are upheld
- Consult with existing and prospective licensees on quality concepts and designs and
- Research and develop strategic sales pitches to licensees in order to create high revenue products
- Revise the Disney character usage manual and product approval procedures
- Recruit and train freelance character artists, designers and sculptors
- Understand local market and develop a fitting style guide
- Collaborate with various internal divisions to drive project success
- Administer creative direction to improve licensees' product designs and support business growth
- Perform any and all other duties assigned from management
- Mentor talented members of your team
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Bachelor degree or Equivalent Work experience
- Industry design or 3D design relevant background & experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience working collaboratively with other product managers in a variety of settings
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, analytical and collaboration
- A portfolio showcasing ability in graphic and industrial design skills
- International experience and ability to adapt to different cultures required.
Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D software, WACOM Pad
Presentation Skills in PowerPoint or Keynote
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Medical and Health and Wellness Programs provided.
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Holidays and Sick Time off provided
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass