Lead Designer, FBMApply NowApply Later Job ID 771098BR Location Shenzhen, Guangdong, Mainland China Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 23, 2020
• Develop plush product across all Disney brands for APAC region by working with a plush design manager in HK and manufacturing partners.
• Develop tailer-made plush toy design for key partners
• Actively work on all aspects plush development – from trend research, design strategy, sketches, design development including design specification sheet, product quality management & brand assurance to final product.
• Work closely with sales team, marketing team, design managers and creative director in developing new product ideas, SKUs plan & new product collections
• Update and revise product catalogs for sales managers & marketing team
•Develop creative presentation deck for global and local communication and business pitch to distributors
• Actively collaborate with character arts team & brand experience team on package design development
• Must be creative, solution focused & consumer centric
• Exceptional eye for detail, sensitivity to the consumer experience, market trend and passion for the Disney brands. • Must have experience to work in toy manufacturing industry
• Must have hands-on design skills including strong sketch skill, Adobe and so on
• Must have good understanding on how to turn great sketches into real products
• Must possess high level of enthusiasm and be a strong team player
• Equipped with project management, analytic skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
• Business integrity + professional attitude • International experience is plus and ability to adapt to different cultures with open mind is required • Willing to travel, locations including head office in Shanghai R
• 5+ years working experience with relevant design area or relevant industry as a product designer; preferably with international toy company or local toy design company
• Bi-lingual: fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin
• Graduate degree in Product design, Industrial Design or a Related Field.
• A portfolio showcasing ability in product and graphic design skills
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.