Already applied?View Dashboard
Lead DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 520921BR Location Shenzhen, Guangdong, China Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 28, 2018
Job Summary:Job Purpose :
- In charge in product design and development process from artwork creative to finished product with focus on fashion and home categories.
Key Responsibilities :
- To work closely with licensees, category managers and Creative Directors in developing new product lines
- To involve in the approval process for in house approvals of licensees so as to ensure Disney’s standards are upheld.
- To give design advise/suggestions internally to category Managers and externally to existing and prospective licensees on quality concepts and designs for their product, so as to increase the revenue for the Company.
- To initiate and perform product line reviews, and new licensees’ induction meetings on a regular basis.
- To provide support in marketing program / tie-in promotions, artworks & special project assigned.
- To supervise and direct Local Content characters/design usage in products, print materials, advertising and promotional and retail projects.
- To build and add into existing library and manage the distribution of art resources, i.e. style guides, art portfolios and brand manuals received from head office
- To update and revise the manual for Category Managers and licensees on Disney character usage, brand knowledge and product approval procedures
- To recruit and train freelance character artists, designers well versed in Disney standards for referral to licensees
- To perform any and all other duties, as may from time to time be assigned from management team
- Internal – Category Managers / Directors, Creative Team, cross LOB projects with other regional creative teams within North Asia.
- External –Potential / existing Licensees and other business partners
Freelance character artists, designers and sculptors
Key local retail accounts
Leading consumer product manufacturers
- University graduate in Fashion / Graphic Design
- 3+ years experience with relevant design work in fashion, accessories or home deco; preferably with international company.
- Bi-lingual English and Mandarin
- Strong product knowledge for softline products.
- Computer skills on PC, Macintosh, and any related tools, e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Presentation Skills in Keynote or PowerPoint
- Creativity and aesthetics in Fashion / graphic design
- Strong presentation skill to present ideas and concepts
- Excellent co-ordination and communication skills
- Product/market/trend research skills
- Team player + strong work ethics
- Business integrity + professional attitude
- Design sense + high taste level
- Committed to excellence
- Attention to detail
- A creative flair and be able to work in a highly innovative and dynamic environment
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).