LifeguardApply NowApply Later Job ID 770809BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Oct. 07, 2021
As a Lifeguard, you will oversee all water-based and recreation spaces onboard the ship, including opening and closing, monitoring safety, assessing volume and observing general activity around pool areas and slides. You will also set up the equipment in shipboard recreation spaces including sports decks, ping pong, shuffleboard, foosball, miniature golf and sports simulators.
You will report to: Port Adventures Manager
- Help monitor and operate all water-based recreation spaces, including opening and closing, monitoring safety and volume of the Donald's/Goofy's pool, AquaDunk/AquaDuck waterslide, Twist n Spout/Mickey's slide and pools, Nephew's/Nemo's Reef, AquaLab and general activity around pool areas
- Help with operating all shipboard recreation spaces including Goofy's/Wide World of Sports deck, ping pong, shuffleboard, foosball, mini golf, sports simulators; set up and verify supplies and equipment are available during operating hours; replenish, clean and maintain
- Assist the Port Adventures team as directed, based on skills and performance; this will include dispatching tours (report feedback), operating the Port Adventures desk and processing, stuffing and delivering pre-booked tickets
- Be qualified as a licensed lifeguard; participate in regular trainings, including in-service training, re-certification, Castaway Cay training
- Help with Castaway Cay responsibilities, including Marge's Barge's sales and dispatch operation, island opening and closing tasks, rental of recreational equipment including bikes, float mats, tubes, snorkel equipment, and boats; provide instruction to guests in the operation of rental boats and the use of snorkel equipment
- Minimum six months of recent work experience in a lifeguard capacity, in a pool setting
- Pass a pre-hire swim test and complete lifeguard training (conducted upon arrival in Orlando, Florida). This includes the ability to swim proficiently a distance of 50 yards (45.72 meters) continuously using freestyle or breaststroke (untimed) and retrieve a 10–pound brick using a feet-first surface dive, beginning from a treading water position (the "Swimming Requirement"). This test will be completed in a pool. Certification requirements must also be maintained throughout contract.
- Detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
- Pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected.
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulation
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.