LNG EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 903134BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Dec. 14, 2021
Would you like to be a Disney Cruise Line Senior Engineer responsible for the ship’s Fuel Gas System? The LNG Engineer monitors, maintains and repairs the fuel gas system, being conversant with the properties of LNG/NG, International rules and regulations for ships using gas as fuel. If you thrive in an environment where safety, professionalism, precision and integrity is highly valued, and where no two days are the same, apply today to join us!
Responsibilities:As the LNG Engineer on board Disney Cruise Line you would provide leadership, guidance and training to Engineering Officers and Crew as it relates to work associated with the gas system and LNG. You would report to the Staff Chief Engineer.
Advance in your career with Disney Cruise Line! You will:
- Oversee the operation and performance of the Gas Fuel System including supply to users.
- Coordinate inspection, maintenance and repairs of the Gas Fuel System equipment.
- Oversee bunkering operations including upper tank surface cool down, bunker header cool down, hose handling, bunker ESD test, hose connection/disconnection, tightness test, ramping up/down, draining liquid from manifold/hose and purging.
- Operate and maintain the auxiliary systems.
- Maintain cleanliness and general condition of all relevant spaces.
- Work in close relationship with the Watch Engineers to ensure a safe and efficient operation of the Gas Fuel Plant and related sub-systems.
- Work in close cooperation with the LNG Automation Engineer to carry out required testing and maintenance of the Gas Fuel Automation System instrumentation.
- Deliver frequent trainings on Gas Fuel System to Engineering Dept. Crew and Officers.
- Uphold the general safety management responsibilities in areas and operations under your control.
Basic Qualifications:Please apply if you have:
- Chief Engineer unlimited license
- 2+ years sea-going as a Senior Engineer
- 1+ Year as LNG/Gas Engineer on Cruise ships, Ferries, Barges operating with LNG
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm about guiding other team members
- Proven leadership skills, and ability to take command and make quick decisions under pressure
- Flexibility and a cool head in dynamic, ever-evolving environments
Additional Information:This is a Shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
***Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.