Security OfficerApply NowApply Later Job ID 770855BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Oct. 11, 2021
As Security Officer, you will maintain the operational parameters of the Security department, administer our protection and loss prevention philosophies and help develop the Security Department Staff by observation, instruction, and coaching.
You will report to the Lead Security Officer.
Level: 2.5 stripes Officer
- Assist the Lead Security Office in verifying that all training requirements are met and documented
- Through the Lead Security Officer, direct the daily operation of the Security division
- Plan Security activities, workloads and performance standards, operational procedures
- Develop working relations
- Represent Disney Cruise Line® in security matters and investigations
- Conduct security investigations and preparation of relevant reports
- Liaise and work together with shore side law enforcement and security agencies, through the Staff Captain
- Relevant investigative skills
- 2+ years' Military/Police experience
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm about guiding other team members
This is a shipboard role.
Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off-contract, as long as return contract is signed, including Major Medical Coverage, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and Retirement Savings Plan Option
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this if applicable)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.