Senior Technician Walt Disney TheaterApply NowApply Later Job ID 770860BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Nov. 28, 2021
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
As Senior Technician, Walt Disney Theater you will lead the Walt Disney Theater Technical Team. You will oversee all show production elements for Walt Disney Theater events including our Broadway/West End Style Musical Theater Productions.
You will report to Manager Entertainment Technical
- Lead the Walt Disney Theater Technical Team providing performance coaching, recognition, and discipline
- Oversee the daily operation of all Walt Disney Theater technical and stage elements
- Partner with Entertainment Leadership Teams regarding emergency abbreviated shows, load ins/outs, new show installs, Cast changeovers, equipment tests, vendor support, movie premieres, company events and safety responsibilities
- Provide support services for all Walt Disney Theater events including production shows, variety acts, concerts, and activities
- Schedule the Walt Disney Theater Technical Team
- Set/strike, oversee and run Senior Show Tracks for all Walt Disney Theater shows
- Manage preventative maintenance schedules and routine repairs of Walt Disney Theater technical equipment
- Maintain stock control and associated documentation for Walt Disney Theater show consumables
- Lead department meetings
- Minimum five years experience in a technical role within a theatrical operation
- Experience leading a musical theater technical team regarding daily responsibilities, performance, scheduling and development
- Expertise with standard theatrical practices in a musical theater environment
- Can work at heights with heavy equipment and in environments that have second-hand smoke, pyrotechnics, chemical smoke, haze, fog, dry ice, and other special effects
- Experience with Audio Visual and Projection systems, Theatrical Automation Systems and Rigging Equipment including Harnesses and Performer Flying
This is a shipboard role
Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off-contract, as long as return contract is signed, including Major Medical Coverage, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and Retirement Savings Plan Option
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.