Already applied?View Dashboard
Youth Activities CounselorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 514316BR Location United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Cruise Line Date posted Dec. 20, 2017
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! As a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, Disney Cruise Line has consistently been recognized as the top cruise line for families. As a result, crew members and officers alike can prepare to chart their own course as they embark upon this new and exciting adventure at sea. Additionally, we offer our crew unique opportunities to grow professionally and personally by providing ongoing training and development. For those looking to flourish, excel, and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world, we encourage you to take the next step in your journey today. Apply now to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
- Interact with and supervise all children participating in Youth Activities programs, ages 3-17 years, by providing a safe environment so children of all ages will enjoy themselves
- Assist in the set-up for all facilitated activities and execute clean-up duties upon completion of program including cleaning and sanitizing of spaces and objects, before, during, and after the facilities open
- Prepare food trays for children during meal or snack times
- Conduct required sanitizing procedures (USPH) when associated with appropriate programs and events
- Provide program support and assistance by partnering with the Entertainment host team
- Facilitate and present small scale activities independently or with other Youth Counselors, as needed
- Perform meet & greet functions
- Function as a Nursery Counselor as necessary
- Provide an emotionally and physically safe environment for children
- This position has high guest interaction
- Actively participate in all Castaway Cay job responsibilities associated with position and line of business as directed by DCL leadership
- Execute additional job responsibilities, as assigned by DCL leadership, based on operational need
- Comply with all company set policies and procedures, along with all maritime and ship rules, regulations and procedures
- Participate in Emergency Duties as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Minimum two years recent experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced recreational/camp environment with children
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to command the attention of large groups of children
- Be at least 20 years of age
- Be able to speak, read and write fluent English
- Willingness to live and work onboard one of our vessels for a certain length of time (based on position)
- Be able to work a seven-day, 70-84 hour week with limited time off
- Be able to adhere to Disney Cruise Line appearance guidelines
- Agree to share a cabin with other crew members
- Be flexible with your work schedule, job duties and work locations
- Enjoy working in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment
- Appreciate diversity among guests and crew
- Schooling in recreation, education, or related field of study is preferred
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Microphone experience preferred
- Experience working with special needs children
This is a SHIPBOARD role.
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Your Responsibilities:Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this) Complete a pre-employment medical Obtain a criminal background check Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.