Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Manager, Brand & Consumer Marketing, SGApply Now Apply Later Job ID 529207BR Location Singapore, Central Singapore Community Development Council, Singapore Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted May. 28, 2018
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Company has been the preeminent name in the field of family entertainment; the Disney name has symbolized creativity, innovation, trust, decency, optimism and quality. It is also the world's biggest family entertainment company powered by the biggest brands in storytelling: Disney, Pixar, Marvel, ABC, ESPN and Lucasfilm.
Walt Disney Southeast Asia was integrated in 2012 and have undergone rapid growth across multiple territories. With our regional headquarters located in Singapore, we also have offices in the region including Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam. We accelerate growth in our markets through local partnerships, increased localisation and focus on high growth markets.
As of now, we have more than 300 permanent Disney employees are focused on creating happiness for you and your families through magical moments and lifelong memories.
The Walt Disney Company is seeking an Assistant Manager, Brand & Consumer Marketing, responsible for all local consumer and trade marketing engagement campaigns, including building consumer brands, forging marketing partnerships, driving multiplatform reach through social innovation, large scale on-ground experiences, retail programs, trade events and other CRM initiatives.
This position is responsible for spearheading and executing consumer brand and trade marketing initiatives for The Walt Disney Company in Singapore. Consumer franchise priorities cover Marvel, Star Wars, Disney and Pixar. Consumer brands include (but are not limited to) Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior. Trade partners include platforms, broadcasters and telcos, spanning the spectrum from linear TV to OTT services.
This role is focused on the Singapore market.
- Work across lines of business to develop strategies to drive Disney content priorities in the market.
- Implement go-to-market consumer plans in Singapore for Disney’s content brands.
- Leverage owned, earned and bought media opportunities in the market to drive reach and engagement among consumers for core franchises.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to maximise visibility of Disney’s content brands.
- Develop marketing partnerships and local initiatives to drive reach and revenues by working closely with Disney’s retail partners in-market.
- Work with Disney’s social media and digital teams to drive consumer growth in Singapore.
- Devise analytics and monitor performance for each campaign.
- Extend top notch & personalized pre & post-sales marketing support to all linear & non-linear clients in Singapore. This ranges from managing clients’ day-to day requests in order to help them better promote Media Networks content on free-to-air, Pay TV and digital media, to formulating internal/external presentations for sales executives.
- Initiate subscriber acquisition and retention promotions.
- Engage clients to drive partnership promotional values through multiple platforms, including on-air, online, mobile, social and on-ground experiences.
- Organize sales incentives and training programs to educate client sales teams.
- Pro-actively identify partnership opportunities with other Disney business units & offer them strategically to clients who can best leverage these opportunities to drive franchise, relevance and business growth.
- Manage premiums and marketing collaterals sourcing and development, from idea generation, vendor sourcing and approval processes to inventory management.
- Initiate and support Disney’s presence at trade and consumer events, to drive incremental value to Disney Media Networks.
- A university degree.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in marketing, preferably in a related industry. Excellent communication in English.
- A strong understanding of digital and social media marketing.
- Proven track record in a consumer marketing or account management role preferred.
- Demonstrates drive for superior results and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills with ability to elicit desired results
- Exceptional work ethic and a personal commitment to high-quality deliverables
- A self-starter who is organized, resourceful and able to take initiatives with attention to detail
- Must have a passion for TV and/or Film and/or digital content
- Positive attitude and able to work independently, but also collaborate as an effective team member in sharing knowledge and best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required – Photoshop a plus
- Experience working with Mac OS (Keynote) is a bonus
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.