Assistant Manager, Business Planning, Publishing & Digital ExperiencesApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049846 Location Singapore, Singapore Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 24, 2023
Wherever you are in the amazing world of Disney, you are contributing to the stories of our iconic brands, recognised by audiences everywhere for entertainment, information and inspiration. Innovation, imagination and inclusion are at the core of Disney, defining the experience that we deliver as well as providing the foundation of our success. The scope of our business, combined with global growth and collaboration result in an inclusive employee experience characterised by continuous learning, development and achievement.
The Publishing business unit is divided in three parts – Print, Digital Experiences and Learning.
This role reports to the Director, Business Development & Digital Commercialization, APAC.
- Support the Director, Business Development & Digital Commercialization, APAC and APAC Publishing senior leadership in the creation of annual strategic planning process and FYP
- Evaluate potential new growth opportunities, including development of financial and quantitative analyses
- Identify and analyze consumer and industry trends across major markets, including third-party research, and translate analysis into meaningful takeaways to support project narrative
- Create compelling presentation materials to communicate essential insights and recommendations to senior-level executives
- Develop cross functional relationships across the Company
- Maintain relationships with research and data providers (e.g., EMI etc)
- Pull and analyze data from internal (e.g., DPEP financial systems) and external systems (e.g., NPD BookScan)
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate development, retail/product strategy, or private equity
- Analytical and financial modelling skills
- Prioritization, critical thinking, and hypothesis development
- Ability to think pragmatically, not just theoretically, and implement ideas
- Teamwork capabilities
- Ability to develop cogent arguments and present them to a range of team members, including executives
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all newly hired employees in Singapore.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia), which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.