Assistant Manager, Communications Planning & StrategyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 710395BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Media Networks Date posted Oct. 22, 2019
Sales Communications - Create market leading client and agency presentations in a timely manner to help drive ad sales revenue. Develop strategic marketing messages, delivered in creative ways, to persuade clients to partner with ESPN.
Marketing Solutions - Bring inspiration, solutions and smarts to marketing and sales planning. Continuously raise the bar on media product – helping clients develop more create media solutions to business challenges with each plan. Infuse consumer and culture insights to drive bigger context strategies for your client. Amplify consumer and cultural relevance, accelerate brand adoption and animate ideas through media placement and creativity.
Client Management - Be your client’s champion. Provide strategic direction and clearly articulate opportunities to clients. Be willing and able to step in and help clients make decisions with a professional presence at all times.
Cross Team Alignment - Be the glue between people and ideas. Establish enhanced ways of working that elevate the role of context/creativity in the sales process.
- Production of client-ready, sales communications materials, such as: Presentations that visually convey compelling positioning stories o RFP responses & renewal pitches o Videos (simple sizzle videos and more complex positioning videos), Electronic communications (ex. emails and webpages), Collateral materials (hand-outs, posters, brochures, etc.)
- Development of smart, creative and persuasive ad sales messaging around: Client-specific sponsorship opportunities that meet client objectives o Recaps and case studies of past client platforms, Positioning for specific sports, platforms and research initiatives
- Collaborate with the different teams (internal and external) to ensure feasibility and delivery of requirements. You’ll work hand-in-hand with sales teams, creatives, research analysts, and other planners to make class-leading work happen.
- Attend client communication/media briefs with or without the lead salesperson – when necessary
- Be involved from idea inception, right through to final implementation - and beyond.
- Recommend platforms (ATL & Digital) and investment level based on objectives and strategic directions
- Utilize different media and research tools/studies to craft data-based media solutions
- Seek and recommend media innovations which can address business needs.
- Minimum 4-6 years strategy /communications planning experience with minimum 5 years in Media/TV/Research industry
- Deep knowledge and experience with multi-channel marketing • Strong client service experience
- Proven ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and results Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach to tactical planning
- Passion for sports
- Excellent Powerpoint/Keynote, written communication, and presentation skills
- Highly creative problem solver with analytical thinking. Breaks complex information down logically to identify key aspects, causal factors and links between information from different sources.
- Commitment to delivering creative solutions, and the ability to align team members behind creative solutions.
- Able to communicate complex concepts and situations in writing, matching language and tone to target audience.
- Effectively sources, analyses and applies relevant information to develop products/services to meet customer requirements . Keeps up to date with marketing trends, successful and influential brand campaigns
- Excellent internal stakeholder management. Actively shares information and knowledge with own and other teams.
- Continuously looking for ways to improve the value of company processes and practices to customers, internal, external and in partnerships, evaluate customer needs, problems and opportunities to implement improvements to meet customer requirements efficiently, effectively, and economically.
- Pays attention to detail and initiates self-checking procedures; ensures high levels of accuracy and consistent quality.
- Monitors quality and devises systems to support continuous improvement.
- University Degree
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.