Assistant Sourcing Manager, Global Merchandise SourcingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10078692 Location Singapore, Singapore Business Consumer Products Games & Publishing Date posted Feb. 23, 2024
Wherever you are in the amazing world of Disney, you are contributing to the stories of our iconic brands, recognised by audiences everywhere for entertainment, information and inspiration. Innovation, imagination and inclusion are at the core of Disney, defining the experience that we deliver as well as providing the foundation of our success. The scope of our business, combined with global growth and collaboration result in an inclusive employee experience characterised by continuous learning, development and achievement.
The Assistant Sourcing Manager is responsible for managing a merchandise category and supporting the Manager, Global Merchandise Sourcing across multiple categories. The Assistant Sourcing Manager has responsibility for anticipating potential production issues and developing breakthrough ideas and processes to continually mitigate risk. The Assistant Sourcing Manager will be responsible for supporting short and long-term sourcing strategies, driving factory relationships, initial cost negotiations, production follow up, and is accountable for all strategic details and decisions of all categories that are managed by their teams.
- Proactively drive measurable efficiencies of team communications, tasks, and overall workflow to support continuous improvement
- Assist management on the growth of global and segment-wide relationships
- Support manager to execute short and long-term sourcing strategies for managed categories, proactively drive the set priorities, objectives, and action plans to improve supply base and mitigate risk with measurable accountability
- Assist manager in the leveraging opportunities and executes sourcing strategies for global site-specific items
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance team to ensure products placed with managed suppliers are meeting Disney quality standards
- Drive product development management, communicating key milestones and deadlines within the sample approval process
- Drive proactive production tracking, communicating, and troubleshooting exceptions and delays
- Negotiates costing and proposes value engineering options to achieve profitability goals while ensuring product vision is achieved
- Collaborate with factory and Product Design to bring new art techniques and applications and researching trends
- Support manager to monitor the managed suppliers continues to meet ILS MCS, regulatory standards, and other established supplier performance requirements
- 5 years’ experience in Global Sourcing and/or Merchandising
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Product-specific technical degree and/or manufacturing experience a plus
- Proficiency in English, Japanese and Mandarin (spoken and written)
- Ability to communicate in other languages would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of product-specific construction standards, materials, and manufacturing processes/techniques
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance conflicting priorities between creative design and cost of goods objectives
- Proficient in Japanese, English and Mandarin or Cantonese
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and strategy-formulation skills
- Ability to influence internal stake holders and drive efficient decision-making
- Experience in merchandise sourcing and production management
- Strong computer skills. (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Micro Charts, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple projects within specified time frames
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Understanding of US and Global testing, safety, and labeling requirements and impact to product design and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of free-trade agreements, duties and resulting impact of sourcing strategies
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Consumer Products Games & Publishing:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia), which is part of a business we call Consumer Products Games & Publishing.