AttorneyApply NowApply Later Job ID 771822BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 11, 2021
- Provide legal support as necessary for the expansion and growth of Disney’s businesses in South East Asia and in particular with regard to issues impacting the direct to consumer businesses in Indonesia.
- Contract drafting, review, negotiations and interpretation for marketing, partnerships, promotions, and content acquisitions.
- Preparation of memoranda, advice and correspondence.
- Liaise with outside counsel.
- Negotiation with counterparties to agreements relating to Disney businesses in South East Asia.
- Research and advice on business legal and regulatory issues.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other members of Disney’s Legal Department to provide legal support and advice. Some working knowledge for technology services and platform and online business is preferred
- LL.B. or JD or equivalent. Indonesia qualified lawyer preferred
- A minimum of 4 - 5 years of legal experience in law firm or multinational corporate legal department, focused on corporate/commercial and IP practice.
- Proficient English and Bahasa Indonesia language ability in negotiating, drafting and reading.
- Excellent research/analysis, writing, negotiating and drafting skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Admitted to practice law in Indonesia and/or other English-speaking jurisdiction.
- Solid experience and understanding in issues concerning corporate/commercial law and intellectual property law, particularly copyright, trademark, and unfair competition, marketing/advertising, consumer protection, content regulation, and regulation of online services.
- Keen analytical insight and strong legal capability.
- Understanding of the legal and business customs and practices of a US-based multinational enterprise.
- Familiarity and experience with business practices of the media and entertainment industry.
- Attention to detail is crucial as well as the ability to follow direction and procedures
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments
- Good time management skill with ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Willing to learn and adaptable
- Thrive in collaborative team working environment to work towards shared goals and timeline
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.