Business Planning & Wholesale Operations, ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 865219BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 22, 2021
Responsibilities:Business Planning for Flexible Business Models, Wholesale and Shop-in-Shops:
- Understand each of the markets within APAC, identify, define, and analyze consumer and retail trends, market landscape, and competitive environment.
- Leverage strong quantitative and analytical skills to size new product, business model, and market opportunities, including evaluation of addressable market and Disney’s potential incremental revenue
- Work closely with Executive Director and Senior Manager to assess distributor, manufacturing and partner options and capabilities across consumer product categories such as (e.g. toys, apparel), as well as services (e.g. food and beverage; wellness)
- Help construct, evaluate, and recommend optimal business models such as, licensing, variations of licensing, wholesale and vertical, in support of new opportunities
- Roadmapping of program roll out and how to put abstract plans into practice
- Support Global Product Management team on development of go-to-market strategy for new opportunities including pricing and value chain analysis
- Partner with cross-functional teams, across multiple geographies, to obtain input and align on opportunities
- Support CPGP annual strategic plan for APAC; and work with finance for AOP process for flexible business models, wholesale, shop-in-shop businesses
- Stay current and update APAC teams, including executives, on general APAC market dynamics and how they could impact business
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior level executives.
- Support product operations including: Sourcing, product integrity, logistics, and tax and compliance
- Manage meetings and deployment of strategy, process, execution, and problem resolution across key stakeholders, functions and geographies
- Partner with finance on wholesale costing, and model assessment
- Oversee process to ensure shop-in-shop and wholesale programs can order and receive products
- Management of team responsible for ordering process for shop-in-shop and shopDisney, including the oversight of: Item set up, Order set up in system, PO creation and submission, Payment to vendor
Basic Qualifications:Key Skills and Requirements:
- Financial modeling and the ability to use modeling outputs to build higher level strategies
- Strong problem solving skills such as prioritization, critical thinking, and hypothesis development
- Ability to think pragmatically, operationally and understand executional considerations and trade offs
- Operations and/or project management experience
- Outstanding multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities; enthusiastic collaborator and team player with a positive attitude
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including executives
- Deep consumer understanding, especially in key APAC markets,
- Ability to develop insights and use data to tell a story and drive decisions
- P&L management mentality
- Drives results fast / executes with sense of urgency and accuracy
- Resourceful and eager to investigate multiple paths forward to solve a problem
- Strong attention to detail; organized and manages timelines effectively
- Keynote, Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook proficiency
- 5-7 years experience in consumer products strategy, operations strategy and implementation, management consulting, investment banking, corporate development, or private equity
- Experience working in/knowledge of one or more of APAC regions, a plus
- Undergraduate degree required
- MBA a plus
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.