Already applied?View Dashboard
Category Manager/Senior Manager, FashionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 514057BR Location Singapore, Central Singapore Community Development Council, Singapore Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted Feb. 09, 2018
Job Summary:Our businesses are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging. Add to that the tremendous geographical coverage of this Region and you have a role which is truly varied. In view of Southeast Asia’s growth, we are now seeking a Category Manager/Senior Manager, Fashion to drive sustainable growth of our Apparel, Accessories and Footwear business in Singapore by developing and executing relevant plans that fit our strategies.
Responsible for building and managing licensee and internal stakeholder relationships and ensuring compelling relevant product for the demographics and channels being served.
- Maximize the category by adopting a consumer centric approach to develop and implement strategic plans with customized approach for demographic and/or retail channel
- Manage relationships with existing licensees and identify new partners to continually strengthen the licensee base as well as lead contract negotiations and fulfillment
- Collaborate with other cast members and lines of business to maximize synergy and leverage on the strength of Disney across businesses
- Work closely with the Creative team on product development strategy and executions
- Provide regular reports and updates on the category and competition and market
- Support team development activities, research projects, category meetings & licensee summits
- Experience in account management/sales/marketing/licensing/retail is preferred
- Merchandising experience preferred
- Degree level educated and computer literate including the use of basic computing, communicating and presentation programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of partnership and collaboration. A true team player with relationship building skills. Able to work as part of a team in a collaborative manner as well as autonomously
- A strategic thinker who has the vision to plan, be excited by innovation and new opportunities, drive results and success and be creative in outlook and problem solving
- Proven account management experience and business acumen with the ability to analyze data and construct practical conclusions and recommendations
- High adaptable, able to manage change
At Disney, having a diverse workforce is critical to our business. We welcome a variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives to ensure we continue to top our own performance and represent our global marketplace. When our people reflect the communities we serve, it enhances the way we connect to our guests, audiences and consumers. Together, we work toward an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and camaraderie across all of our companies.
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.