Coordinator, Live EventsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723230BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
The Disney Live Events Team is dedicated to creating top quality entertainment-based character appearances and events to support key business initiatives, internal staff events as well as community outreach programs supporting the Disney, Disney-PIXAR, MARVEL and STAR WARS brands and franchises.
The Live Events Team creates, develops and produces Disney Character appearances and events which support a variety of lines of business including; Consumer Products Commercialization, The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Media Networks and Disney Corporate Communications and Community Outreach.
The Co-ordinator, Live Events will undertake a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks and is an integral part in ensuring that the department operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting other business activities.
The goal is to ensure that office operations are efficient and add maximum value to the organization and department as this will help to ensure all character appearances and events are of the highest standards and maximize the guest and stakeholder experience.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Disney Live Events and oversight from the Executive Director, Live Events, the Coordinator provides daily operational, administrative and production support for the team. Responsibilities include production logistics and coordination for all character appearances, from Business to Business Events to Consumer events, movie premieres, fan events, trade shows, internal/external presentations, and various other special events.
- Coordinate, organize, and track various administrative tasks such as invoice and payment processing, shipping, scheduling meetings, and sending communications related to events.
- Create briefing materials and documents to track status, timelines, and resources of various projects and sub-projects.
- Coordinate event logistics such as Talents, performers, Props, costumes from pre-production to on site execution to post evaluation.
- Effectively prepping and planning meetings, coordinating and reporting meeting outcomes and driving accountability to deliverables
- Create, update and distribute production schedules and contact sheets
- Coordinate department-wide travel logistics domestically and internationally.
- Coordinating meetings and conference calls with all stakeholders internal and external.
- Provide information and estimates that inform budgets for assigned projects and/or events
- Vendor bid analysis
- Contract facilitation
- Invoice/Purchase Order reconciliation and coding
- Assist with performer auditions
- Manage print and digital assets
- Organize, manage event photos, documents and videos
- Create Keynote and Powerpoint presentations to support events, presentations and pitch meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three years’ experience in event planning and coordination. Experience in entertainment industry events as well as agency or corporate environments preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skill with attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple, changing projects in a dynamic, sometimes high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Valid passport. Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style.
- Self-starter, willing to contribute to the event effort immediately.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment (MAC skills are a plus) and SAP systems.
- Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel required.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule including; weekends, holidays and long hours
- Demonstrated strong Guest Service skills
- Ability to work in a structured and goal driven environment
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.