Country Collection Manager, Southeast AsiaApply NowApply Later Job ID 762879BR Location Singapore Singapore Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 01, 2020
Responsibilities:Collection and Debt Management
- Oversees and provides guidance for timely efficient and effective collection efforts, with the goal of obtaining payment when due
- Identifies and manages collection trends which delay collection and provides guidance in order to avoid bad debt loss
- Identifies and resolves procedural and operational issues which could adversely affect collection of the accounts receivable
- Manages order release to ensure the free flow of product to customers, if applicable
- Ensures collection strategies are followed and they result in optimal collection performance
- Manages the collection of complex accounts receivable
- Negotiates complex customer settlements and payment plans
- Reviews and approves accounts receivable for submission as bad debt write-off
- Collaborates with business leaders to craft collection strategies and develop of control documents. Meets with customers to discuss their business plans, credit risk, payment, risk mitigation, and process improvements
- Responsible for managing bankruptcies, insolvencies, and third party collection agencies
- Defines and manages the dispute resolution process
- Recommends operational improvements to Disney businesses and customers
- Leads the Collection Team to ensure the issuance of monthly and quarterly reports, bad debt reserve and write-off recommendations, Treasury Rep Letter, Consolidated Accounts Receivable Report and ad-hoc reports
- Establishes collection performance measures and designs reporting
- Leads the Collections Team in preparation of ad-hoc reports to support business intelligence activities
- Participates in budget planning and controls expenses within the plan
- Leads in the development and implementation of new technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Develops and presents business cases in support of systems changes or initiatives
- Provides leadership and guidance on goal setting, performance management, talent planning, training.
- Ensures the Collection Team performs as a world class organization with the maximum degree of autonomy and accountability
- Fosters a team environment of empowerment and trust
- Sets, monitors, and assesses team and individual goals and measures
- 5+ years Commercial Collection Experience
- Strong working knowledge of process. flows and understanding of database systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including enhanced ability to negotiate effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of contracts as it relates to the management of collection.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with internal or external business leadership.
- Strong working knowledge of security instruments and its intricacies and management.
- Enhanced understanding of bankruptcies and other forms of business failures.
- Excellent leadership, influencing & executive engagement skills.
- Advanced business presentation skills
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).