Creature Technical Director (Creature FX Artist) Singapore, SingaporeApply NowApply Later Job ID oFi6hfw4 Location Singapore Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jan. 05, 2022
DescriptionCreature Technical Director (Creature FX Artist) are responsible for setting up and running flesh-surface, hair and cloth simulations proficiently under the director and guidance of their supervisors.
- Building simulations set ups
- Run cloth, hair, fur, feather and flesh simulations
- Manage communication with the modelling/animation/lighting and rigging departments to continually improve simulations
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required
- At least 3 years work experience required in 3D CGI for digital animation, visual effects or producing CG characters and creatures for visual media
- At least 3 years work experience as a Creature FX Artist in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials or producing CG characters and creatures for visual media
Required Skills / Competencies
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Attention to detail
- Thinks analytically and innovatively
- Enjoys creative problem solving
- Good social and communication skills
- Encourages collaboration
- Remains agile and flexible under pressure
- Plans well and manages priorities
- Welcomes new learning opportunities
Required Technical Skills
- Experience setting up and running cloth, hair, and muscle simulations in Houdini and/or Maya
- Proficiency with Linux is required
- Expertise with Python Scripting
- Feature Film experience is required
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Industrial Light & Magic, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.