Database Developer (1-year contract)
Singapore, SingaporeApply NowApply Later
Job ID 889687BR Location Singapore, Singapore Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life and create industry-shaping approaches.
We are looking for qualified Database Developers who will be responsible for the data migration scripting to transfer data from existing systems to the new system. The role will entail writing data migration scripts; and working in complex, multi-priority and matrixed teams within the organization internationally.
As part of our Media Applications team, you will work closely with various stakeholders to ensure the migrated data are consistent, complete and as expected in the target systems and contribute to the success of the overall migration and system consolidation project.
You will also collaborate with administrators and internal users to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are key for this position, along with a positive attitude and growth mindset.
The Database Developer is a key role in the DMED Media Technology group under Media Applications team. This position is based in our Singapore office. This position will report to the Technical Lead, Media Applications.
- Identifies, documents and validates data migration scope, risks, constraints, dependencies and assumptions
- Engages key users and stakeholders in defining, documenting and validating data migration requirements and design specifications
- Identifies source data requirements and assesses its data quality
- Defines and documents business rules and procedures for handling source data including data mapping design, data cleansing, conversion/transformation, migration and validation
- Designs target data architecture and staging area for conducting data transformation and fixing errors
- Develops intermediate database and unit tests transformation/ validation scripts built to cleanse, convert/transform, and validate data in staging/production
- Supports DBA to execute data migration in Staging, user acceptance testing (UAT) and Production and executes smoke tests and data migration performance testing on the production version of the new system
- Monitors and responds to support issues within agreed service levels
- Works with key users and stakeholders to identify and resolve data issues
- Works with the Technical Lead on any other aspects of the data migration work stream in the project
- Conducts post implementation review of data migration exercise
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or the equivalent
- At least 5 years working experience in database administration or data analytics in MS SQL or Oracle DB (e.g., data mining, text mining, operations research, revenue management, etc.)
- Strong and extensive experience of working in complex data migration projects within multi-priority teams
- Knowledge of programming languages (ability to develop/support software in Java, C#, VB.NET in J2EE or .NET technology but not limited to Web and Form Base applications)
- Proven development skills in writing data migration scripts (Python Scripting, PL/SQL coding, etc.) and using ETL to extract, transform, and load data directly into a data warehouse
- Hands-on experience with report development tools (Crystal Report, Jasper Report or BI Publisher) & data analytics tools (e.g. Azure Synapse Analytics, Power BI, Microstrategy, Tableau, etc.)
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
- Good understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all newly hired employees in Singapore.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.