Director - Business Relationship Manager (Media & Broadcast)
Singapore, - - SGApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 713229BR Location Singapore, , Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 17/10/2019
Job Summary:The Director, BRM – APAC will be responsible for identifying technology solutions to meet evolving business needs, partnering to align business & technology investments and working closely with the DTCI Technology Product Engineering and Media Engineering teams to deliver best-in-class technology solutions. They will capture the technology nuance needs across countries and ensure overall regional alignment on priorities and take the lead on all communications. Candidate should be aware of the business and technology trends in the Media and Entertainment space, preferably with experience in Data Platforms, Broadcast Engineering, Business Operations, and Software Engineering.
Responsibilities:Strategic Business Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with executive clients & stakeholders.
- Serve as the liaison between clients and DTCI Technology teams globally.
- Lead stakeholder business planning and technology strategy meetings.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with clients to improve business processes.
- Understand and anticipate industry trends to identify opportunities and make recommendations.
- Ensure IT solutions support client’s business goals and also align with DTCI Technology strategy.
- Manage client priorities & expectations of DTCI Technology projects and requests.
- Partner with business stakeholders to map workflows, develop business case and ROI analysis.
- Set stakeholder’s expectations. Identify and resolve disconnects.
- Provide input into prioritization of tech initiatives in service of client business requirements
- Lead change management efforts with client in tandem to solution delivery in order to maximize stakeholder adoption.
- Collbaorate with business stakeholders and DTCI technical product teams to cultivate appropriate solution required to meet business goals and deliver business value.
- Champion change and innovation by stimulating creativity and openness to new ideas.
- Advise on options, risks, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on end-user products & services.
- Responsible for all aspects of people leadership for their BRM team: setting expectations; coaching; counseling; development; evaluating and providing feedback.
- Responsible for overall morale of team and fostering an inclusive, collaborative environment.
- 10 or more years of internal/external technology experience, leading large, complex projects in business/technology consulting/management roles.
- Experience in Media and Entertainment.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills and experience working with Senior Executive level leadership teams (Presidents, EVPs, SVPs, VPs).
- Strong influence and negotiation skills.
- Strong business domain expertise and ability to span breadth of technology portfolio
- Experience with leading teams - both with direct staff and indirect project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.