Director, Data Analytics & Insights, DTC APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 792457BR Location Singapore, , Singapore; Singapore Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 11, 2021
The Head of Data and Analytics will lead the effort to gain a deep understanding of our data and transform those insights into actionable business decisions that will steer the future of the company. The right person for this role thrives in a fast-pace environment, loves problem-solving, is a great coach to their team, and is an excellent communicator.
A high degree of autonomy will be granted for what will be a highly visible leadership role. It requires someone with a very inquisitive mind who can blend strong advanced analytical skills with commercial acumen needed to work across a broad range of data sets and stakeholders.
- Data Leadership: Lead the team to proactively identify and define high impact problems and opportunities. Create innovative solutions to these problems via in depth analysis of the data. Build, coach, and mentor a world class data analytics group.
- Partnership: Be a thought partner across departments and geographies to improve analytical capabilities around data modelling, visualization, and architecture. Provide keen insights and ad hoc analysis to deliver on a world class customer experience.
- Data Story Telling: Be able to tell a story with the data that is clear and compelling.
Metrics and Accountability: Design and build automation around key performance metrics and self service dashboards. Automate ad hoc tasks when possible. Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand growth performance. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that helps business performance improve or double-down on success.
- Proven track record in an analytical leadership role, transforming data into actionable business insights that drive measurable impact for the company and the customer
- People & team management experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern data visualization
- A strong understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., propensity modelling, hypothesis testing, regression analysis); 5+ years’ work experience using SQL, Python/R and other statistical programming language experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills.
- Experience in communicating data insights to large matrix organizations, across geographies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field including Marketing, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Social Science. Graduate degree preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.