Director of Finance, FP&AApply Now Apply Later Job ID 748844BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 09, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer & International (DTCI) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu -- alongside Disney’s international content sales business. DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
- As part of DTCI Financial & Planning group, partner with D+ team to lead and coordinate the DTCI products roll out in SEA (D+, Hulu +, Hotstar)
- Spearheading DTC roll out by building road maps, producing analysis, modelling and presentation with various stakeholders
- Finance business partner to oversee the Budget, Forecast and planning support on contents licensing in SEA
- Partner with the respective sales head to conduct deal analyses, modeling and rights management
- Ability to provide health check via the financials and identify potential risks and opportunities
- Provide well versed analyses to support the operations on decision making
- Lead in preparing dashboard and presentation to showcase the business to multiple stakeholders
- Identify potential issues and risks and develop mitigation strategies.
Qualification – CA or CPA or equivalent, university graduate
· 12 to 15 years of overall experience in US MNC with solid accounting experience with focus on revenue
· Minimum of 5 years leading a finance function
· Experience in tech set up, digital new business
· Experience in finance oversight in SEA markets
· Technical (Finance & Accounting), highly numerate and fluent in financial analyses
Attitude & Skills
· Operational - Meticulous, well organized, with great attention to detail
· Commercial acumen with an ability to balance the growth and gatekeeping
· Numerate and analytical with a desire to think through and not only resolve problems. Able to see the big picture as well as shepherd team
· Superb influence skills to bring the best performance and resolve conflicts
· Maturity to handle multiple stakeholders in a stressful environment
· Hands on, yet able to delegate as needed
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· High energy with ability to enthuse others and lead by example
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.