Disney+, Assistant Manager - Consumer & Market Insights (SEA)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765641BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 11, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
This role is part of the Research & Insights team and is responsible for bringing forth the voice of the consumer and view of the market to support the Product, Content, Commercial and Tech decisions in Southeast Asia (SEA). The role is also important to the wider business as reliable consumer and market insights are a critical enabler for the growth and success of any product and application.
Responsibilities:Primary Consumer Research: assist in the preparation, planning, conduct, data analysis and documentation of consumer studies in Video on Demand
- Consumer studies include but are not limited to Brand Awareness Tracker, Campaign Communication Trackers, Customer Experience Surveys, Focus Groups and NPS Survey.
- Work with other functions to prepare for consumer research studies – questionnaire review/alignment, stimulus preparation, internal clearances and approvals
- Coordinate with respective agencies for preparation and conduct of consumer research studies
- Assist in the preparation of reports and documentation of relevant studies following internal SOPs and guidelines
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, statistics, communications or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role, preferably within a digital business
- Robust knowledge of subscription services and its competitive landscape
- Strong understanding of media and content landscape
- Familiar with putting together stories from multiple sources to tell a story
- Knowledge of business visualization tools Power BI, Tableau and common analysis tools like SQL is an added advantage
- Strategic thinker with good communication and presentation skills
- Open mind displaying willingness to learn
- Creative mindset with the ability to leverage on data to develop strategy/decisions
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Good analytical mind
- Results-oriented and timeline focused
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.