Disney+, Assistant Manager - Social Media (SEA)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765737BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 15, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
This role will be responsible for executing all social media campaigns with the Disney+ brand and other streaming services in Southeast Asia (SEA). The role will launch local social channels for Disney+ (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and others). He/she will drive the implementation of social content strategies, and work with agencies to manage content calendars, scheduling and publishing of content. This role requires a strong grasp of social media platforms and the candidate should be knowledgeable in industry trends and the latest innovations. He/she should also be experienced in different content formats on social media and how to leverage these formats creatively and effectively.
- Work with the team to develop social media plans/calendar, including content strategies and campaigns, with an emphasis on setting goals, developing metrics, defining audiences and identifying key tactical frameworks
- Deliver clear direction and inspiration to creative teams and agencies in developing sustainable and engaging concepts
- Provide reporting and analysis of results, including strategic recommendations and tactical tips that are directly related to insights
- Prepare comprehensive strategic plans, audits, promotional plans and well-researched POVs
- Able to rapidly produce top-quality communications on all social media.
- Consistent and strong collaborator who elevates the work of cross-functional teams
- Analyse current-state social media channels and determine areas of improvement, expansion and refinement
- Strong awareness of emerging trends and behaviors on social channels. Able to link behaviors to root causes and interpret digital culture to find relevance for the business
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in social planning at digital/ social agencies
- Hands-on experience developing insights from social listening. Detailed understanding of social analytics across channels. Ability to synthesize data from many sources into actionable insights
- Should be fluent in written and spoken English
- Highly informed and thoughtful perspectives on social platforms. Ability to adapt brand expression and campaign strategy to relevant social channel experiences and strategy
- Working knowledge of tools a plus, e.g. Social Bakers, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Unmetric, Datasift, Radian 6
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.