Disney+, Creative Production Strategist (SEA)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 769039BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 18, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
The Creative Production Strategist is a key contributing member of the Creative Communications team – and is essential to the day-to-day operational excellence of the department.
Working closely with the Creative Communications Lead (SEA), the incumbent shall oversee the acquisition, archiving and delivery of creative assets for all marketing needs. Creative assets include but are not limited to trailers, key art, OOH billboards, digital banner ads, social video content etc. He/she will also manage the creative workflow, budgets and schedules – as well as facilitate agencies and vendors in the execution of projects, as overseen by the Creative Communications team.
We are looking for a highly-organized, resourceful and business-savvy candidate. Prior experience in asset management and building scalable structures is key. This role will be a key point of contact for the team, in the timely sharing of information and materials with other departments. Together, the shared objective is to drive Disney+ forward across multi-platforms and multi-territory digital executions.
- Build and maintain a central repository of creative assets for timely access by Marketing functions across multiple territories
- Proactively source and acquire creative assets, working closely with the Brand Marketing Lead (US liaison) as well as local production partners
- Manage delivery and distribution of creative assets to essential third parties e.g. media agencies, affiliates/partners and vendors – ensuring confidentiality processes e.g. NDAs are undertaken
- Archive delivered creative projects/products – in both master and submaster (working file) formats
- Specify and dictate consistent technical specifications for all creative assets, especially when working with third parties to deliver
- Manage creative workflow process, budgets and schedules together with Creative Communications Lead – to ensure efficient use of resources for all deliverables
- Facilitate agencies and vendors spanning the entire operational process – from onboarding to delivery – working closely with Legal, Procurement and Finance on contractual/budgetary procedures e.g. SOW scoping, industry rates, quotes, invoices etc.
- Obtains clearances and licenses for all creative productions as per legal/industry regulations – spanning material releases, talent releases etc.
- Manage timely cuesheet reporting for all production music usage
- Function as Production Manager for all video filming and key art photography productions
- Diploma or degree with 5 years of relevant experience, preferably within a digital business/department; tenure with a high-profile, fast-moving, consumer-facing brand is a plus
- Strong understanding of the media and entertainment industry, with a keen interest in streaming services and the competitive landscape
- Extensive experience in creative asset management and building scalable structures for multi-territory sharing
- Knowledge of the creative production workflow, from pre to post; media production agency or broadcast company experience is critical
- Experience in managing creative workflows and budgets, with a ready roster of efficient and effective agencies and vendors worldwide
- Pursues excellence with integrity as part of a team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Adaptable to changing business demands at short notice
- Highly-creative, well-organized and pro-active, being trusted to take ownership within a defined area
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.