Disney+, Director/Snr Manager - Brand Marketing & Partnerships (SEA)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 762385BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 15, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
The Director/Senior Manager, Brand Marketing & Partnerships will be an integral part of the Disney+ team in Southeast Asia (SEA). The role will be responsible for leading Disney+ brand marketing campaigns in SEA, focused on maximizing brand and platform awareness amongst local consumers. Critical to success will be audience comprehension of the platform’s key benefits and unique selling points. The role will develop and pitch strategic marketing partnerships to support the growth of the Disney+ platform.
This role is also responsible for localizing global plans and strategies for local success. He/she will partner with local performance marketing, social and customer retention teams to develop a cohesive go-to-market strategy and define project timelines from ideation to launch, working ultimately towards one joint acquisition target. He/she will also work with creative and communications teams to drive growth and optimization.
The role will collaborate with other lines of business including Studios, Franchise, Live Entertainment, Parks and Consumer Products to align Disney+ synergy and owned media plans with cross company priorities to both draft off and support company-wide big beats.
- Develop the brand marketing strategy for Disney+ in Southeast Asia
- Identify and execute local cross-channel marketing campaigns
- Partner with the Lifecycle Marketing Manager, Studio Marketing Manager and franchise marketing teams to deliver holistic marketing campaigns for Disney+
- Partner with Global Brand Marketing teams to leverage global plans and marketing assets for SEA
- Develop a local synergy and owned media plan for Disney+ in SEA, ensuring that all owned media and synergy opportunities are maximised
- Maintain marketing campaign calendar. Define project timelines from ideation to launch
- Plan and monitor the ongoing product’s organic presence on across O&O media, such as channels, studio marketing activities and other local promotional and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with internal creative teams and external agencies to produce a creative testing pipeline for each campaign cycle
- A post graduate degree with marketing specialisation
- Minimum 8-10 years comprehensive and demonstrable experience in building direct-to-consumer brands, in consumer technology, leading consumer brands, or similar multinational company
- Strong experience developing and managing brand marketing campaigns with execution experience across the marketing mix
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and cultural nuances in Southeast Asia
- Experience identifying research insights and presenting actionable recommendations
- Comprehensive experience pitching, converting and managing brand marketing partnerships
- Ability to influence internal and external cross-functional teams effectively
- Proven track record as a self-starter in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Solid experience in team management
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet competing deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative mindset with the ability to leverage on data to develop strategy/decisions
- Analytical mindset, ability to apply data and insights to strategy to drive results
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.