Disney+, Executive Director - Content & CreativeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762613BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 22, 2020
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
The Content & Creative Lead will be an integral part of the Disney Streaming Services team in Southeast Asia. The role will drive all aspects of content planning and programming for all a wholesome audience experience. The role has a primary responsibility for editorial content planning and original content or Disney+ Southeast Asia, ensuring that SEA subscribers are engaged via a calendar of editorial activities that support content discovery and time spent viewing. Critical to supporting broader business KPIs of subscriber retention and customer lifetime value.
This role will partner with other lines of business including Studios, Franchise, Live Entertainment, Parks and Consumer Products to align Disney+ editorial plans with cross company priorities to draft off and support company-wide big beats. The role will work in partnership with the Disney Content Sales team to support content availability and rights management workflows for SEA.
The role will be positioned at the heart of decision making for The Walt Disney Company in Southeast Asia, driving the best audience/subscriber experience and commercial outcome for the business.
- Build and lead the Disney+ content team in the Southeast Asia region
- Hold responsibility for long-term and operational partnerships with internal studios & content providers (Entertainment, Sports & News), Disney network and vendors
- Generate forward-looking content acquisition recommendations based on understanding the consumption behaviour on the platform and strategic growth objectives
- Curate the best content from across the globe to build our world class portfolio in TV Series as well as Movies
- Responsible for developing original programming across the Southeast Asia
- Own end to end title launch readiness. Your team will be responsible for launching titles on the service in a timely and flawless manner to present the best customer experience across all UI platforms and devices for both original and licensed content
- Partner with internal teams like Product, Content, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Legal for content delivery
- Oversee production of surround content for major sports and GEC properties
- Actively work on surfacing and discovery of content along with the platform growth and marketing team
- Manage and influence content partners to scale with our initiatives (e.g. delivery metrics, new asset types, standardization, tool improvements)
- Recommend and build annual Disney+ content plans that reflect local content consumption patterns
- Focus on key content priorities by markets in SEA, utilize global pool of content, acquire or produce the right content to customize to local sensibilities & language
- Manage Budgets, forecasting and financial planning for all content needs of the platform.
- Partner with the broader business to create high-impact, curated programming events that leverage TWDC brands and franchises
- Partner with local marketing and global programming team to ensure all priorities are coordinated appropriately
- Partner with the brand and franchise team to support priority content campaigns
- Partner with global data and insights team to agree and set content/ programming analytics framework and reporting cadence
- Partner with global programming content optimization team on testing needs, and test implementation as required
- Ensure all content released on Disney+ SEA has been prepped according to agreed classification and compliance workflows
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 10 years of comprehensive and demonstrable experience in the media industry, holding roles that demonstrate experience with Film and TV content within digital distribution environments
- At least 10 years' experience in original content development across Southeast Asia,
- A high level of familiarity with digital platform – SVOD; experience of working in digital platforms will be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of media and content landscape in SEA
- Extensive regional experience, especially in SEA
- Thorough understanding of content availability and rights management workflows
- Experience in using data analytics to make decisions
- Solid experience in team and stakeholder management
- Proven team leadership experience, including management of teams across multiple markets
- Adopts a challenging and questioning approach, proposing information and solutions in creative ways
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet competing deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication and engaging presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strategic thinker with good communications skills
- Creative mindset with the ability to leverage on data to develop strategy/decisions
- Ability to manage, motivate and build a team
- Champion of Change
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.