Disney+, Executive Director - Partnerships & Business DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 762627BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 22, 2020
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
The Partnerships Lead will be an integral part of the Disney Streaming Services team in Southeast Asia. The role will drive all aspects of Partnerships & Business Development.
This role will initiate collaboration with relevant players in Pay TV, OEM, Telcos, Fintech companies, digital platforms etc. to bring Disney+ into the Southeast Asia region. The role will work in partnership with the other Disney+ leads in Project Management, Marketing to ensure that the product is ready for launch in market by making it readily available and accessible to consumers.
The role will be positioned at the heart of decision making for The Walt Disney Company in Southeast Asia, driving the best audience/subscriber experience and commercial outcome for the business.
- Develop and lead the execution of the Partnerships & Business Development strategy across Southeast Asia, with a focus on making Disney+ available across multiple platforms and devices and creating easy access for the subscribers
- Identify, develop, structure and close complex partnership deals with target partner organizations that deliver value to the business
- Define the best practice for identifying relevant partners and create a robust onboarding experience for these partners post deal close
- Represent Disney+ at relevant industry conference and events to create more awareness and deepen our relationship within the global ecosystem
- Lead a regional team to ensure pitches to prospective partners are delivered effectively
- Grow the Disney+ brand and maximise its consumer reach through different platforms
- Work in close collaboration with the Disney Streaming teams based in the US and India ensuring an alignment with a global strategy that can be adjusted as needed to suit local needs
- Partner with the other Disney+ functional leads to meet business plan targets and support the wider business objectives
- A Master’s Degree
- At least 12 to 15 years of relevant experience in a Partnership and Business Development role preferably with a digital company with direct to consumer focus.
- Strong technology background, including managing multiple projects in technology ecosystems, telcos, fintech, etc.
- Proven team leadership experience, including management of teams across multiple markets
- Extensive regional experience, especially in Southeast Asia
- Prior experience of working in a multi-national organization
- Strong knowledge of subscription services and its competitive landscape
- Proven track record of delivering highly successful and innovative products with a large-scale customer base
- Strong understanding of media and content landscape in Southeast Asia
- Strategic thinker with good communications skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and build a team
- Inspires Creativity and Innovation
- Champion of Change
- Tell compelling stories
- Motivate, develop & collaborate
- Invent our future, respect our past
- Do the right thing
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.