Disney+, Graphics Designer (SEA)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 762386BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 15, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
The Graphics Designer is a key contributing member of the Creative Communications team – and is responsible for driving the design and look for all marketing campaigns and communications across the excitingly diverse region of Southeast Asia (SEA).
We are looking for a candidate passionate about good ideas and through-the-line thinking – armed with the creative chops and technical skills to realize on-brand yet disruptive products to inspire, surprise and engage audiences. A good eye and impactful portfolio is crucial.
Working closely with the Creative Communications Lead, the role is required to conceptualize and execute strong creative ideas aligned to brand guidelines, standards and aspirations. Together, their objective is to drive Disney+ forward across multi-platforms and multi-territory digital executions.
This role will be the key point of contact for the team and share key information with other departments as and when required. He/she will be required to produce as well as manage freelance staff when needed.
- Set and sustain high design standards for our brands and partners in the management of creative projects from initial concept to final execution
- Present and communicate design concepts and timelines to Creative Communications Lead, while ensuring creative development and delivery are aligned to brand needs and musts
- Collaborate closely with the SEA marketing team to understand brand and business objectives in the formulation of design concepts around marketing opportunities to enrich our brand identity
- Establish consistency across multiple brands across a wide range of executions and touchpoints – including supervising partners – while ensuring high-quality output is delivered to brief
- Produce digital campaigns over a wide range of formats – including but not limited to display, rich media and landing pages – as well as maximizing global assets to refresh and optimize campaigns
- Produce creative pitch kits for external marketing/trade partnerships
- Source and propose appropriate imagery and graphical assets within brand guidelines
- Participate in the development of future-looking, through-the-line design concepts and solutions
- Diploma degree with 5 years of relevant experience, preferably within a digital business/department; tenure with a high-profile, fast-moving, consumer-facing brand is a plus
- Experience in developing creative and design assets backed by a strong portfolio; demonstrable art direction, concept development and ATL/BTL/TTL campaign implementation is highly desirable
- Proficiency in design tools Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign; motion graphics and UX/UI experience is advantageous but not critical
- Strong understanding of the media and entertainment industry, with a keen interest in streaming services and the competitive landscape
- Familiarity with technical aspects of digital asset delivery across various devices and formats e.g. mobile, tablet, desktop, TV etc.
- Pursues excellence with integrity as part of a team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Adaptable to changing business demands at short notice
- Highly-creative, well-organized and pro-active, being trusted to take ownership within a defined area
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.