Disney+, Manager - Analytics (SEA)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 769994BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 27, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
This role is part of the Analytics team and will require very high cross-functional stakeholder management and regular management interactions. He/She is responsible for analytics behind user growth initiatives and help monitor and optimize program, channel and communication performance to drive strategic and tactical decision making. This role is also responsible for delivering our analytical output drives learnings to support the Product, Content, Commercial and Tech agenda in Southeast Asia (SEA).
The role is important to the wider business as reliable analytics are a critical enabler for the growth and success of any product and application.
- Share the business goals and lead data-led problem solving to find actionable insights
- Develop strong business intuition and develop hypothesis, test via data, conduct A/B analytics and help scale with product
- Work cross functionally and drive the team to move business metrics
- Analyse large sets of data to identify growth initiatives across the user funnel, including both web and app – reach and targeting, acquisition, retention and engagement
- Generate database insights that help to launch impactful and effective marketing and user acquisition and retention programs and campaigns
- Develop unsupervised/supervised models to create target segments for multiple marketing campaigns
- Develop predictive frameworks based on the customer life cycle to assist in user acquisition.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customer journey and current trends to improve marketing initiatives
- Overall goal setting, process management and prioritization across work streams; working with broader Disney+ stakeholders
- Work with technology team to ensure robust and accurate data systems with right instrumentation and data delivery/ visualization tools
- Develop agile processes for fluid delivery of data, information, and analyses to the business
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration/ Statistics/ Mathematics
- At least 6-8 years of relevant experience in a similar role, preferably within a digital business
- Demonstrated experience in data modeling, predictive analysis, and expertise in R, SQL, Python.
- Experience with Reporting/BI tools, data warehousing concepts and ETL development and tools. Familiar with digital analytics and clickstream data.
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies is desired (e.g. Hive) preferably has experience with Mixpanel, Adobe analytics, appsflyer, localytics, appsalar etc.
- Strong knowledge of subscription services and its competitive landscape
- Strong understanding of media and content landscape
- Familiar with user analytics and strong expertise in data analysis
- Strong business acumen & communication skills
- Strategic thinker with good communication and presentation skills
- Creative mindset with the ability to leverage on data to develop strategy/decisions
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Good analytical mind
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.