Disney+, Manager - Partner Engagement (SEA)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 762478BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 16, 2020
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
The Partner Engagement Manager will be an integral part of the Disney Streaming Services team in SEA. The focus of this role will be to establish and develop relationships with the Telco service providers, OEM partners, device management, and technology innovators across the Southeast Asia (SEA) region.
The role will lead the Disney+ promotion of products with telecommunication operators across SEA region. That includes being a thought leader on continuing innovating and improving the customer journey while efficiently scaling programs such as payment integration, bundles, and promotions.
This role will focus on subscriber acquisition and retention by simplifying the entire sign-up path across TV, mobile and internet operators, with a special focus on payments and Application Programming Interface integrations.
- Navigate internal & external stakeholders to execute the partnership agenda – including identifying the right opportunities, develop strategies to deliver top experience on partner devices, and make impactful negotiation and closure
- Strategize and liaise with internal teams, as well as collaborate closely with the product & operations teams of global telecommunication companies, OEM’s
- Develop strategy & tactics to drive up the onboarding success rate by closely working with the internal product teams and partners
- Create and adopt best practices to scale the product globally
- Make data driven decisions that enable Disney+ global subscriber growth and engagement
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 5 years integrating technology products with mobile operators, app stores.
- Experience in working in payments, partner channel acquisition and product experiences (especially in subscription-based business models), mobile apps, mobile payments, wallets, prepaid plans, direct carrier billing.
- Proven track record of having negotiated and implemented high value decisions with partners and have an excellent ability to work with product, engineering, business development and other cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to prioritize key opportunities and make the right tradeoffs for customers.
- Strong product acumen that balances strategic imperatives and tactical needs.
- Strong collaborator with experience working with local, regional and global teams.
- Capable of translating complex technical products and features into intuitive concepts.
- Experience managing subscription services and payments is a plus.
- Adopts a challenging and questioning approach, proposing information and solutions in creative ways.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet competing deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Strong communication and engaging presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Strategic thinker with good communications skills.
- Creative mindset with the ability to leverage on data to develop strategy/decisions.
- Champion of Change.
- PC/Computer systems literate is a must. Expert level in the use of MS Words, Excel and PowerPoint.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.